Chit Chat
Options

I'm a tearful bride --- does that make me crazy?

Ladies --- I've been engaged since March 2011 ... but I didn't start truly planning until Jan 2012... For the last couple of months, everything that I see related to weddings makes me get all emotional and teary-eyed... The worst was probably the Twilight wedding scene --- I blubbered with excitement and tears .... but even David's bridal commercials or other people's proposal stories just bring tears to my eyes .... Am I going wedding crazy?  What's the deal?!  Anyone else becoming a blubbering bride?  Am I just stressed and excited and experiencing too many emotions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm a tearful bride --- does that make me crazy?

• Options
    No I don't think that makes you crazy. Just take a deep breath and everything will be okay :) share those emotions with your fiance or family/friends itll help.
  • Options
    You sound exactly like me. My fiance just looks at me like I am a blubbery mess. I think it's important to experience the emotions you are feeling. You are going through a big change. I have recently said to my fiance "I didn't know getting engaged would make me be emotional like a pregnant woman!" I cried the moment he proposed and still get emotional when I am touched by wedding-y things.
  • Options
    I'm the same way. FI thinks I'm crazy because even love songs make me cry now, haha.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If you're crazy, I'm crazy with you. The most recent thing I did that was ridiculous was at a bridal show a few weeks ago.  FI was talking to a DJ or something and I was standing their being taken in by this wedding video that was playing at a videographer's stand.  FI turns around to get my attention and I'm standing there crying.  In general, there are certain songs that will trigger my to cry, so if I'm driving to somewhere where my appearance is important - like work - and an emotional song comes on, I have to quickly change it.

I'm actually super worried that I'll be crying the entire ceremony from all the high-emotion once-in-a-lifetime moments starting from my mom helping me get dressed, to my dad seeing me, walking me down the aisle and giving me away, to seeing my FI, to saying my vows and hearing him say his to me... everything. And then the father-daughter dance - omg I'm going to lose it.

What are my pictures going to look like? I'm NOT one of those pretty cryers where I have a couple tears roll down my cheek and I smile through it. No, when I cry, I CRY and I can't stop it. My face gets red, my eyes get puffy, and my nose runs like a two year old.

• Options
    You're just like the rest of us. I'm exactly the same. I just spoke with another recently engaged friend & she was lamenting the same. She was deciding whether to have a videographer or not. She decided yes because every single sample video she watched made her cry. Same here! 

Commercials, love songs, Say Yes to the Dress...everything.
  • Options
    I was the same way, it would get especially bad when we would discuss our ceremony.  I thought I was going to be a complete wreck the entire wedding day.  Turns out I didn't cry at all, I was just so happy and excited.
  • Options
    I bawled every time I watched SYTTD or any kind of wedding commercial or even just saw pictures of other people's weddings on TK with a happy looking couple. Granted, I've always been a bit of a crier.

Happily, now that the wedding is over those things make me smile happily and I don't cry about them anymore. Mostly. lol.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    YES I'm the same way. FI and I met at work, very Office-style, and then he left to LA to attend film school, just like Pam left to go to NY to go to art school, and they got engaged right after. Just like us.
    I recently rewatched that whole season and I texted FI telling him I was crying watching it all unfold and WHAT DID HE DO TO ME??? I used to be a rock!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-a-tearful-bride-does-that-make-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ed94c414-60a7-4496-897b-7de4749f3727Post:b28d810e-8394-4d0e-bba3-b4e698ae2004">Re: I'm a tearful bride --- does that make me crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was the same way, it would get especially bad when we would discuss our ceremony. <strong> I thought I was going to be a complete wreck the entire wedding day.  Turns out I didn't cry at all, I was just so happy and excited.
    </strong>Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]
    This exactly. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-a-tearful-bride-does-that-make-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ed94c414-60a7-4496-897b-7de4749f3727Post:b28d810e-8394-4d0e-bba3-b4e698ae2004">Re: I'm a tearful bride --- does that make me crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was the same way, it would get especially bad when we would discuss our ceremony.  <strong>I thought I was going to be a complete wreck the entire wedding day.  Turns out I didn't cry at all, I was just so happy and excited.</strong>
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

This bodes well for me.
  • Options
    TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    OMG that stupid Men's Wearhouse commercial....I cried EVERY time, lol.

Yes I was VERY emotional during wedding planning.

But I did great on the wedding...DIDN'T cry at all.  Although I did cry in the morning when I left my in-laws house (I had been living with them for 6 weeks prior to the wedding) and once more on the way to make up because I thought of my deceased mother.  I got teary eyed at the church when I found out our florist provided a 2nd $200 tree for free as our wedding gift (I initially rented 2 but had to cancel one because of some unexpected car repairs).  But that was it...no crying when walking down the aisle, vows, speeches, etc.  I was so proud! lol
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Yeah.. I'm totally like this too! I've watched Monica and Chandler's wedding on Friends a million times and I still get all teary watching it! Not to mention a lot of the other things that PPs have said. I think it's just that now I'm seeing it in relation to myself - this is what I'm going to be doing! It's exciting :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I was the same way our whole engagement, very emotional. I used to say our engagement was like the pregnancy of our marriage because i felt like an emotional pregnant woman. lol
    I did good on the day, i was just super excited and only teared up a tad during our vows, the speeches and the father/daughter dance.
    Although, last week a friend showed me a video she took of my dad's speech at our wedding (we didn't have a videographer) and i was totally blubbering again! lol I was just so grateful to have his words documented. <3
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_im-a-tearful-bride-does-that-make-me-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ed94c414-60a7-4496-897b-7de4749f3727Post:0c3c8515-ef24-42fe-bef1-75447afc0206">Re: I'm a tearful bride --- does that make me crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was the same way our whole engagement, very emotional. I used to say our engagement was like the pregnancy of our marriage because i felt like an emotional pregnant woman. lol I did good on the day, i was just super excited and <strong>only teared up a tad during our vows, the speeches and the father/daughter dance. </strong>Although, last week a friend showed me a video she took of my dad's speech at our wedding (we didn't have a videographer) and i was totally blubbering again! lol I was just so grateful to have his words documented. <3
    Posted by nickchick[/QUOTE]
    Those are the exact 3 spots I'm most fearful of. I've been so emotional that I'm petrified I'll lose it. I really don't want to be 'that bride.' Even with all waterproof makeup, I'll still look crazy. Ugh, I hope I can keep it together too!
  • Options
    I was a waterworks during my 18 month engagement whenever anything wedding related was in front of me. So emotional and excited! I was so sure I was going to cry as I walked down the isle and said my vows; ya know what? I didn't. I did tear up a little during the mother-son dance. They danced to "Then They Do" and H is the youngest so his parents are going through what the family in the song is.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    Whew --- glad I'm not the only one.  Thanks ladies, you made me feel more normal.  "Pregnancy of our marriage" is a great way to explain to other people why I'm a blubbering mess.  

Okay --- so along with being an emotional wreck, does anyone else also seek out wedding "things"?  .... Example: I wanted a good summer beach read --- went to Barnes&Noble store and left with 2 books:  "Here Come the Bride" and Confessions of a Shopaholics bride novel.   I'm a sucker for EVERYTHING wedding even though it causes me to tear up...

PS --- I also google "awesome proposal videos" all the time --- LOVE them and then cry with them! Ha!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards