Chit Chat

XP: Parents' Weddings

When my mom was visiting for Christmas, she brought some old pictures, one of which was from her and my dad's wedding.

Her dress was basically a long-sleeved, turtleneck number. Bridesmaid dresses look like long-sleeved, floral muumuus. My dad wore a white tux with a ruffled white shirt, his groomsmen wore tan tuxes, also with ruffled shirts. Giant afros abound, with the exception of my dad and grandpa, who were balding.

It is the best picture I have ever seen.

Anyone else's parents have awesome wedding attire?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Parents' Weddings

• My dad and his groomsmen all wore white tuxes. This was in 1980- it's one of the funniest pics i've ever seen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When I saw my mom's weddign dress yearsssss ago I thought it was silly looking. Now I wish she had kept it for me.
    It was so 70's, but now it would have been the perfect "vintage" style for me.
  • Oh man, my parents had a December wedding in a tiny Midwest church. My mum just decided to go with it and stuck her bridesmaids in olive green velvet to blend into all the leafy pointsettas. Her dress was pretty nice, though, for 1971; high neck, but illusion neckline, not terribly gigantic, no pouf to the long sleeves. It's not my style, but I might have turned it into something if she weren't a mini-person, just under 5 feet tall and petite to boot. Sadly, the dudes all had standard black tuxes. No fun!
  • My mom had a surprinsingly nice dress for the 80's.  It was all lace and flowed nicely.  Her BMs were in bubble gum pink which I don't get at all.  My mom hates pink.  The men were in black tuxes, pretty standard.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kone, I love that you called your mom a mini person. That seriously cracked me up!

My FMIL and I were giggling over her wedding photos at Thanksgiving. Homegirl had a lace cape to wear with her dress. Similar to, but more awesome than, my mom's fancy little puffy sleeved jacket she wore over her pink wedding gown (2nd wedding). I actually wore my mom's wedding dress to a prom one year. Talk about mini... I was 15 and it had to be taken in only an inch, that's how skinny she was.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mother and birth father married in 1977.  It was your basic 70s nightmare - peach dresses, floppy hats, frilly shirts and light blue tuxes for the guys, etc.  She threw away all the photos when they divorced, but I remember even as a kid thinking the fashions were hideous.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • My mom made her own (1972) wedding dress, all of the bridesmaids' dresses, flower girl dress, and both moms' dresses.  She's ridiculously crafty like that. 

Her dress was pretty simple and classy, but if I remember correctly the 'maids fabric looked like floral curtains. 

My dad and the froomsmen wore black suits with purple ruffly shirts -- epic.  His '70s moustache was also quite impressive. 
    Laughing
    So far, being a Gray is pretty awesome. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards