Chit Chat

it's a sad sad day.

i need to share my pain......... i was working today and my stone came out it's setting and is gone... i feel silly crying over a material thing but idk it's still/was special, first real piece of jewelry fi bought for me. i guess at least he was smart and got the extra insurance on it for me.  i guess we are gonna get it replace tomorrow and possibly look at new setting so this doesn't happen again.  i feel a little better sharing.

Re: it's a sad sad day.

• OMG... I'd be a wreck initially too.  Don't feel silly for being upset, but be thankful for that insurance.  I totally understand, the ring is sentimental and it represents to the two of you, however, the big picture is that it's just a stone and you engagement is still on, with or without a diamond :)
  • I'm so sorry that happened! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Oh thats awful.  I am so glad that you had insurance. I would bawl and need a fifth and some B&J's and would still be bawling.  I hope they get it fixed for you soon. I know when I first got engaged we had my prongs redone right away (my ring is antique)
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • oh, I'm so sorry!  It's lucky about the insurance.

My diamond is actually loose right now.  You've inspired me to take it off and get it fixed ASAP because these things do happen.
  • I feel your pain! and I am soooo sorry you lost the stone. Insurance on your ring is the most important thing. and it isn't silly at all crying over it. It is so much more than just a ring. I had thought that I lost my entire ring a few weeks ago. I cried for days, it turned up eventually, somewhere random in my room, but I was devastated. I'm glueing it to my finger! LOL. But chin up, the insurance will take care of it and you will have your ring back soon.
  • awwwww hon I'm so sorry! I would totally bawl my eyes out, too. I'm glad you have insurance and that it can be taken care of. My great-grandmother gave me one of her rings several years ago and one of the prongs was missing, and I used to have nightmares all the time that the stone would fall out and I couldn't find it anywhere! It's an awful feeling... At least you get to take it back and get it fixed! [:
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Oh, that really is sad ... thank God for that insurance!

A few years ago, DH gave me this pink sapphire bracelet for my birthday and one of those stones popped out ... omg, I was devastated and actually almost afraid to tell him what happened (I wasn't expecting him to get mad or anything, but I knew he spent a long time picking it out, and I just felt awful) ... but then after a few hours it dawned on me that I could get it fixed ... and it was all better, lol. Sometimes, we just get a little silly over jewelry that's important to us.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I don't blame you for crying! I would be so upset! My fiance just took mine back to the jewelry store for its 6 month check up (a year after he proposed) and the prongs were loose. So I don't get my ring back until the 11th! I feel naked without it, and I keep freaking out because I don't feel it on my finger. It's a very special thing, despite the materialism, it means so much more between a couple. It shows a level of commitment in a number of ways. Don't fret! This is why we pay so much for insurance! Hope you feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards