New Hampshire

TK: Allowing Vendor Posts?

http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62221504&forumid=89So for those of you that bounce back and forth from the NH to Boston board (like me), there's an interesting development.  The link above references a new policy trying to be implemented giving vendors a voice on the boards to respond to negative posts.  If you visit the Boston page directly ( http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=89) you can see the discussions generated from this.Thoughts?

Re: TK: Allowing Vendor Posts?

• Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went back through and read up on that. That DJ is such an idiot! He actually emailed that bride and asked for a check from her because her post will lose him a client. Oh PLEASE! He needs to get over himself!As for vendors posting, no way. I appreciate both the rants and raves of vendors. It's good to know that a vendor is bad before you book them. I don't think it's fair to ask a bride, or bride-to-be, to censor her opinions and experiences. But wow, those Boston girls are really angry. I don't blame them.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I saw this on the Boston board. I've been in a different position being a bride and also a vendor. I have tried not to post anything related to the company I work for. Other then replying to a bride telling them they should call or email me when they have asked me a question on the board. But this was all about reviews, as a bride you should be able to make your post and be honest with them. However sometimes our frustrations get the better of us and we embellish on our stories. In that case we should be held accountable for our words. So it is nice that a vendor could make a approved reply. However I do not want to see this being abused by vendors or brides and I don't want other brides to feel they can't put up their reviews for fear of a vendor replying. They mention locking it after the vendor reply's I think only that bride and vendor should be allowed to make approved reply's. One bride mentioned that it would seem like the vendor was getting the last word. I just don't want it to turn into a bit** fest. The purpose of this board is to let brides help brides. Unfortunately if a vendor really is bad we have a right to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards