Chit Chat

Gifts in Hotel Rooms

I'm wondering it's considered cheap or taboo to not have gifts in the hotel rooms for our out-of-town guests. I feel like, as a guest, I always throw those things away and as a bride, it seems like an easy way to save money by not having them. What do other people think???

Re: Gifts in Hotel Rooms

• No it's not considered cheap to skip the OOT gifts.  The cost can add up and it is a easy way to save money.  None of you guests will think you are cheap because you didn't give them snacks and bottled water.

I've been to weddings that had them and other's that didn't.  I didn't think any less of the couples who opted not to provide them.
  • Do you mean an actual gift or an OOT bag?  We'll be doing OOT bags with chips, bottled water, and other snack.  We'll probably buy these things in bulk at COSTCO.  They will actually serve double duty since we will use the left overs at our after party.  And no, they are not necessary. 
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • They aren't a must have, by any means, but I do think they are nice.  We're doing them for out of country guests.  It'll just include little things to welcome them to Canada. While yes, it does add to our total cost, I think it's an appropriate thank you for people who, in some cases, even went to the trouble of getting a passport specifically to attend our wedding.

Perhaps you can limit it to something like that, if you're having people travel in from other nations, rather than anyone who isn't RIGHT in your city?

Either way, it's a courtesy and I don't think anyone would think less of you for not doing it.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
    10-10-10
  • I have rarely been in any hotel that doesn't have a map of the area and/or brochures of local attractions.  That and the desk staff is well versed in such questions.  And then of course, there's that internet thing......you know, where you can look up POIs in the area you're in.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Yeah, that's true.  There are also restaurants in the area, too, so I might as well not bother feeding them at the reception.  Afterall, they can figure out how to eat on their own! ;)
    10-10-10
  • edited May 2010
    I'm doing gift bags for my Out of State guests. Just little things that say "this is Arizona".  Like a bottle of wine from one of the az vineyards, A post card of the location where he proposed, and a few other things.  For the family member coming from out of state I'm planning to include a copy of one of our engagement photos in an Arizona theme frame. 
    Anniversary
  • I agree with trix1223. I had never heard of them before coming on TK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards