Chit Chat
Options

Anyone else... (long)

Get super annoyed the last few weeks of waiting?
I have been, I don't really know, just not myself the last couple weeks. Over emotional, get pissed off really easley, annoyed with everyone, even FI when he hasnt done anything. I'm not pregnant lol.
Almost everything is done. Just waiting on my dress to be hemmed, should be done this week, alcohol order, food to be cooked lol, flowers to come,  have to pick most of our music still, and finish my center pieces.. Its not that much really.
The bridal shower is driving me nuts, or the people planning it are, I thought I wasnt supposed to be involved in the planning for it at all. They keep asking me stuff, so I tell them, and then they ask again, and again.
Bachelorette party too, I picked most of what we are going to do because noone could get organized enough to plan it.
Am I just resentful of everyone for making  more work? I have done almost everything for our wedding, FI picked the invites and the cake, and FMIL and some friends spent a hour bottling the wine I had made because I had to work.
I know stress affects me in interesting ways, one time I lost 20 pounds i could not afford to loose in 2 weeks, and I had a ulser once too, but I dont feel that stressed, just annoyed and emotional, wich makes me more annoyed because I cant stop it :s
Is this pre wedding stress,or nerves or somethig?

Re: Anyone else... (long)

• Options
    Something I have found that is really helpful for destressing is to go back in time in your head and remember how you and your FI became a couple.  Look back and remember the little things he said, what attracted you to him, and what you two did together when you were just getting to know each other as a couple and figuring out that you were in love.  Think about how far you two have come and how in a few years you will be flipping through coffee table albums and looking back at this time when you were engaged and planning how you were going to start a whole new family.  These times will mean so much to you.  Savor each day of it and smile at your good fortune remembering that so many other single women would love to be in your shoes planning their wedding to the love of their life.  Laughing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-else-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ffdc3754-3052-4ebc-ad4a-6f9bae55c0d0Post:d3dacb92-55a6-4d60-ab1e-e80980533d50">Re: Anyone else... (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Something I have found that is really helpful for destressing is to go back in time in your head and remember how you and your FI became a couple.  Look back and remember the little things he said, what attracted you to him, and what you two did together when you were just getting to know each other as a couple and figuring out that you were in love.  Think about how far you two have come and how in a few years you will be flipping through coffee table albums and looking back at this time when you were engaged and planning how you were going to start a whole new family.  These times will mean so much to you.  Savor each day of it and smile at your good fortune remembering that so many other single women would love to be in your shoes planning their wedding to the love of their life. 
    Posted by zantster[/QUOTE]

I'm glad i read this post & this response. Because I am feeling the same way, so reading this and then thinking about everything from how me and FI met and dated and first kiss! makes me smile and then relax. good luck honey and know you are not the only person out there feeling this way!
  • Options
    Thank you :). Good to know I'm not the only one. Shower is today and I'm a little less stressed already just because I know it is almost done lol. And I think alot of the stress I'm feeling and the annoyance with FI is alson to do with the fact we are trying to find a house to buy that we both can agree on. I want a acreage because I have horses and would like to stop bording them and FI wants to live in town because he thinks its easier. Last night was a huge test for us. We looked at a new house on the market and it was really nice, Fi loved it, I was still leaning toward a less nice house, but its on 5 acres and only 2 minutes out of town. Then our realtor got a call from the listing agent saying a offer was going in that night.. Fi really was attached to it, so we called our parents to go take a last look and make a choice about it. Fi and I had a bit of a argument and then managed to come to a compramise, if we got it it would be a 3 year home and then we would sell and buy some property and build. So that was our plan, then our 2nd realtor ( our main realtor is new and working with the other) told us that we would have to put in a higher than asking price offer.. So we are now waiting lol. If the other offer is refused we will put one in ( the posession date isn't till mis october so it might be refused if the people dont want to wait) Otherwise we will keep looking and keep my pick on the list. And for some reason all the stress of last night has put me in a much more positive mood, maybe because of FI and I's ability to make a compramise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards