New Hampshire
Options

Another animal post :( Long

Tessie has to go live with my parents for a few weeks while she learns how to not bark when left alone. :( We got the rudest letter last night from our neighbors. They are cowards. The things they insinuated were incredibly hurtful and insulting. I feel terrible because my Tessie has been miserable when FI and I are gone, and we didn't even know about it. They waited a month before letting us know. We've known that she barks when we leave, but every dog in our building does that. We did NOT know that she continually barks. Thanks neighbors for waiting a MONTH to say something - we would have gone a different route with the behavior modification we've been doing had we known. We've been to PetCo more in the past month than I have ever been in entire time I've owned Tessie. I really don't know how I'm supposed to live without my Tessie for a few weeks :'( Seriously the only comfort I have right now is knowing she'll be with my parents (thankfully we have this option) and this: "More often than not, the problem barker has never learned to be alone. He is accustomed to lavish attention without having to earn it. He thinks he is the center of the world and upon finding himself abandoned he is distraught and he barks, what did you expect?"

Re: Another animal post :( Long

• Options
    Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks that your neighbors waited so long.. I would write them a letter back. But that's because some times I tend to be  B*tch... I hope the training works out for you quickly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww Im sorry. What a bummer. I would be heart broken too. Hopefully Tessie learns quick and you can have her back real soon.
  • Options
    Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the same problem with our past doggie. She barked the entire time we were gone and we had no idea. Our neighbors called the police on us. We came home to a cop in our yard and a written warning. It was horrible. I know that our vet was able to give us a bunch of names of personal trainers for her. Some that would come to our house and train her in her own surroundings. Have you spoken to your vet about it? Also, your neighbors sound like complete jerks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards