Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

ESSENCE of Australia Gown - D1154 - Need help accessorizing!

I bought D1154 in Oyster with the black accents.  The BM's are all wearing Saphhire/Midnight Blue and the GM's are all wearing charcoal grey and black.  I have all my colors running on this theme.  However, I have NO IDEA what kind of jewelry to get.  I think this dress is totally unique and want the jewelry to compliment it.  I was thinking pearls is the best way to go, maybe with some saphhire blue accents, but I am having a hard time finding jewelry on the web and I am not sure where to start looking!  Does anyone have any tips, advice, places to check out (or any pictures)?  Thanks so much all! 

Re: ESSENCE of Australia Gown - D1154 - Need help accessorizing!

• Options
    Why not black pearls and skip the sapphires?  A black pearl pendant with dangling black pearl earrings.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would honestly go with either a choaker or something small.  The dress already has some nice details on it, and you don't want to overpower it.  Honestly, the first thing I thought of to wear was jet, but I don't know if that would be considered appropriate for a wedding!  (though, if it has black accents, i don't think that'd be an issue for you).

You might see if you can find a pearl choaker with several strands, seperated by black beads.  I bet that would look really nice and elegant!

Edit: something like this, except maybe replace the broach:
    http://charmingcharlie.com/cc/product/productDetails.jsp?pId=5090006909&sId=10501500010&pgName=&pdpTrail=

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_essence-of-australia-gown-d1154-need-help-accessorizing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:00b8d930-cdcb-4f13-8b35-b76d648a3c2ePost:a96012a2-3dd4-4445-a0fa-4c780ed58943">Re: ESSENCE of Australia Gown - D1154 - Need help accessorizing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not black pearls and skip the sapphires?  A black pearl pendant with dangling black pearl earrings.
    Posted by Magdala9[/QUOTE]

You read my mind!

I would skip a necklace or if you do a necklace keep it short and very simple.  Add a pearl bracelet and some pearl earrings and you are done.  That dress is gorgeous (I had a essence dress too!) and doesn't need a lot of jewelry.

• Options

Thanks Dubird!  That is a beautiful necklace. 

Thanks everyone else too - I guess I never considered black!  I'll have to play around in google and see if I can find some pearls with black thrown in. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards