Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Will flats work with my dress?

I want to wear flats for my wedding since I normally wear sneakers or something equally as comfortable. Every time I wear heels I regret it within an hour. Do you think with the style of my dress that I can get away with wearing flats even though I'm only 5'2 (the picture is me in the dress before alterations. I'm scared that if it gets hemmed like this that the botoom flare will look weird...like it will start too low down on my legs). Do you know if this is something the seamstress can work on? I would obviously just ask the seamstress, but she hasn't seen the dress yet and I have to purchase shoes before my first alteration appt.

126 Invited image
37 Ready to Rock! image
9 Party Poopers image
80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Will flats work with my dress?

• Options
    I also think flats would be just fine.  But if you are worried that with making the dress shorter about loosing to much of the flare, maybe you could get a wedge.  Those are usually a lot more comfortable than heels.  At least in my opinion. Very pretty dress!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
     A good seamstress will hem a fit and flare by removing some fabric from the waist and from the hem.  As a result, alterations can cost a lot.  Elegant flats will look great.  I wore a pearlized leather flat for my own wedding.
  • Options
    I think flats will work out just fine once your dress is altered.
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I feel a lot more confident going into my appointment with flats now :)
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
  • Options
    They should have been able to order the dress for you in a petite size so the flare would hit the right spot. I think if your seamstress does a good job theres not reason you can't wear flats.
    Wedding Countdown TickerPitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    You could also try a peep toe flat, gives off the illusion of a heel or wedge from the front
  • Options
    HannahK15- I bought it off the rack 50% off
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards