Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Purple cardi, shoes, AND clutch? Help!

My wedding colors are dark purple and black.  My dress is ivory lace over a dusty champagne satin, very vintage.  I found a great dark purple lace cardigan to wear to cover my arms:
http://www.polyvore.com/ae_paneled_lace_cardigan/thing?id=47704157

Would it look bad to wear black heels?  I just want simple peeptoes with no embellishments.  A clutch to carry is also a problem - do I do black or purple?  Or hell, ivory to match the dress?  I just don't want too much purple on me and end up looking clownish.  My Maid of Honor will be wearing a black dress, purple or black heels (really depends on what she finds that she likes), my fiancee and the Best Man are wearing black suits with no purple accents.

As background, our wedding is not formal but of course classy and more 'us.'  It's in a contemporary Irish bistro and we are more punk rock and dorky so I am not worried about breaking 'wedding rules' but I am asking for help on the actual look all together. 

Long post, sorry!  Can anyone give me insight or experience recommendations on shoe color, or how it will look with the cardi? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Purple cardi, shoes, AND clutch? Help!

• Options
    Fun cartigan. If your dress it long, it won't matter too much what color your shoes are, so I would just find one that's comfortable. As for the clutch, why not look for something black with purple accents or even purple with cream accents?
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I appreciate the input!  I really would prefer wearing black heels since my options are so much more open.  I will look into this idea for the clutch also, thank you so much.  Yes, my dress is long although I'm having the train taken off...my feet won't be visible unless I trip on it and it flies up. 

• Options
    I think black shoes would be nice! And just find a clutch you like, I don't think you can go wrong with a black, purple, ivory, or sparkly clutch. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Black shoes would like nice with that. The black purple ivory or sparkly clutch would look fine with that
  • Options
    You guys are awesome.  Talk about making my life easier!  Now I can't wait to go find simple black shoes.  And researching clutches on Etsy like crazy.

• Options
    Don't worry too much about the clutch, maybe even find something a little quirky that expresses your personality.  Chances are you won't be holding on to it too much, with all the dancing, eating, etc. And most likely your personal attendant (if you have one) will take care of watching it for you during the ceremony, making sure it gets from your ceremony to reception site.  And it would be great to get one that's very "you" so you can keep on using it in the future, a nice reminder of your special day! 
  • Options
    True, I thought about not even getting a clutch as I would never be holding it other than for some cutesy photos.  In reality I want a big purse with hairspray and a makeup arsenal inside that I can stash!  The ceremony and reception are in the same place, just a cocktail hour between (an evening wedding), so no attendant worrying for me...I'm sure the venue will let me put it in the office that's off the entryway (we're the only party in there). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards