Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Finally bought my dress!!

I'm so excited, I finally purchased my dress!! I can't wait 7 months for the darn thing to come in. It was my second time shopping this weekend, and it was a dress that I had tried on 3 months ago, that I couldn't get out of my head. I didn't take any pics of me in the dress, but its the Paloma Blanca #4105. I am so happy to cross that big item off the list of things to do. Anyone else recently purchase their dress?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally bought my dress!!

• Options
    i had a question...our date to be married is june next year. is it usuale for dresses to take 7 months to come in??! i was just wondering so that i know when to start shopping around. CONGRATS by the way! exciting :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup - 7 months is normal.  Mine took 5 months :-)
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Woohoo!! Love that feeling!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_finally-bought-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:0567ca30-2eda-474a-a164-d127bc692a44Post:3a950dd7-a194-46c7-9cbc-550d724ab407">Re: Finally bought my dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had a question...our date to be married is june next year. is it usuale for dresses to take 7 months to come in??! i was just wondering so that i know when to start shopping around. CONGRATS by the way! exciting :D
    Posted by mxmax860[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine took 3 1/2 months.  I feel like no matter how much time you have, they make the dress take a little less then that amount of time.  I ordered it 5 months to the day before our wedding and before I ordered they were saying I had to order right away or it won't come in on time, and it wound up coming in 3 weeks earlier then they said it would be here!  </div><div>
    </div><div>But overall I think it depends on your designer.</div>
  • Options
    Mine took 10.5 months to come in, and it was supposed to take 7. Just FYI.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_finally-bought-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:0567ca30-2eda-474a-a164-d127bc692a44Post:3a950dd7-a194-46c7-9cbc-550d724ab407">Re: Finally bought my dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had a question...our date to be married is june next year. is it usuale for dresses to take 7 months to come in??! i was just wondering so that i know when to start shopping around. CONGRATS by the way! exciting :D
    Posted by mxmax860[/QUOTE]

I would start looking soon, just to get an idea of what you like and how much the ones you like actually cost. I was lucky mine was under budget. I ordered it on Saturday and I'm a year and a month out from my wedding still. So plenty of time for alterations etc.  And yes its very exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Choosing only one dress was honestly the hardest decision!
  • Options
    I agree cmgefert! I tried on over 30 dresses and loved most of them. I almost want to keep going just for fun to try on more. But I know this is not a good idea, since I see so many posts on here about dress regret.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards