Attire & Accessories Forum

Where to look for groomsmen

I live in NYC, but our groomsmen live in San Francisco and Denver... and we are getting married in Kona Hawaii....

Needless to say, I am having a hard time trying to figure out where to look for attire! Any suggestions?

Other destination brides: are you settling attire before you leave? or trying to pick stuff up at your location?

HELP!

Re: Where to look for groomsmen

• Could you ask them to each wear something basic, like a pair of tan/black/grey dress pants and a white/blue dress shirt? Things they'd already own in their closets most likely?

If you want, you and FI could buy matching ties for the groomsmen to "coordinate" with the bridesmaid dresses.

I don't think they'd need suits or tuxedoes for a beach wedding in Hawaii....
  • We used Men's Warehouse because we live in MD, and we have groomsmen from MD, PA, and TX. I agree with PP though. I would ask them to wear something they may already have in their closet because a tux seems stuffy for a beach wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Men's Warehouse and Jos A Bank have multiple stores.  That should work.  Have your groom go in and try something on, write down the style number and ask the groomsmen to go to their local store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Ditto on no tuxes for a beach wedding. Not to mention, unless they're buying, their tuxes, most rental places want the tuxes back the next day...may not be an option for a DW.
  • Thanks for the tips. FI was saying he wants them to wear vests. But Im thinking that is going to be hard. We are getting married at a resort, at their gazebo, so its not really beachy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards