Attire & Accessories Forum

two receptions, one dress?

Hi everyone,

My wedding (next summer) will be followed by two receptions: an outdoor dinner and dancing event immediately following the ceremony (also held outdoors) and a similar indoor event in my fiance's home country, a week afterwards. I originally planned to get one dress and wear it for both events. This way I could get the dress I want without having to worry as much about money. As I plan more though I realize that the dress I'm envisioning (something floor length and, of course, white) will likely get filthy during the first event and it's unlikely that I will be able to have the dress cleaned between the two events. A couple of options are running through my head: Get a separate (cheaper) reception dress for the first reception so I can keep the wedding dress cleaner (though changing right after the ceremony might be difficult as we were going to have a cocktail hour right away). Get two wedding dresses, each running ~half of my budget. Buy a tea length wedding dress (there are some cute styles and it fits the garden theme of the first reception, but this isn't what I envisioned for my wedding at all). Or just try really hard to keep my dress clean during the first reception (but I would really prefer to worry about other things, like having fun or making my guests happy). Any suggestions? How dirty did your dress get (esp. if you had an outdoor wedding)?

Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards