Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Are these too over the top?

Are these shoes too over the top for this dress? Rest of my jewelry will be pearls and my veil is scattered pearls as well.

Re: Are these too over the top?

• Options
    I'm conflicted...yes and no. Yes because very few people are going to be able to see them anyway...and no for the same reason! I'm assuming they aren't cheap, so I'm not sure I'd invest in something that looks to be potentially very uncomfortable just so I know they are there and will have a few pictures of them. But, I'm not you!

They are not my style at all, but if you love them and absolutely want them, go for it!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    NO way!!! Rock them! I want fun shoes bc my dress is kinda plain:)
  • Options
    I don't think they would look bad with your dress, but I agree with owengirl that they're probably not worth spending a lot of money on.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I like the first pair more than the one with the heart. If they scream your personality I say get them. I mean really, if you are shoe person and think these fit your wedding style there is no reason you shouldn't do. If they are expensive and can't decide to get them due to price, think about wht you would do with the extra cash if you bought cheaper shoes. If you arent going to use the money for anything else that is important to you...just buy them.
  • Options
    I personally dont think they mesh well with your gown..the large heart and ribbon are really distracting from the rest of the shoe..but too over the top...NEVER ur the bride..you can have whatever you want...Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I think they are awesome! And they will compliment the simpler style of your dress. And so what if people won't see them much? If they make you feel amazing, you should be able to have them!
  • Options
    i think it could actually find of be fun and cute. normally i would say they are too busy but i think for a wedding they actually add an extra little pop
  • Options
    They're not my style, but few people will see them, so if love them and can afford them I say go for it. I wonder if they're comfortable though -- they look like they might be decidedly uncomfortable.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I think they are great! Totally not my personal style, but they are super fun! A friend of mine had her shoes "framed" in a little box with a cute saying about how they are the shoes that walked her down the aisle to the rest of her life/man of her dreams. I obviously don't remember the saying, but you get the point. These would be great for that!
  • Options
    I think they are great! Totally not my personal style, but they are super fun! A friend of mine had her shoes "framed" in a little box with a cute saying about how they are the shoes that walked her down the aisle to the rest of her life/man of her dreams. I obviously don't remember the saying, but you get the point. These would be great for that!
  • Options
    Do you love 'em? Wear 'em! No one will see them until you lift up your gown anyway, and I think they're a very cool surprise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    No way! They are fabulous! You seem like you have the personality to pull them off. Besides, no one is really going to see them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards