Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress disaster - update!!

Well, I searched high and low for the lace and it just wasn't happening. One fabric store gave me the name of a seamstress though. I decided to check her out to get a second opinion/comapre prices....well, I'm SO glad I did!!

She is 100% sure she will have enough lace from the bottom without really losing the profile of the dress or the train. She can do the whole jacket for $150 (bridal salon was going to be closer to $200). She is overall a lot more affordable on everything ($50 for a hem vs. $100). She told me that she would do the jacket, all the alterations, AND make me a veil for $350! She told me everywhere she's worked in the past twenty years and told me to feel free to call and ask around. I just feel SO SO much better about everything. I have a lot of confidence in this woman (despite just meeting her today, haha). I'm still super nervous for my dress to "go under the knife" but if I want sleeves made out of that fabric, it has to be done. I have to take a "leap of faith" so to speak. I def. have more faith in this lady than the salon.
Wish me luck!!  I hope it turns out amazing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dress disaster - update!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards