Attire & Accessories Forum

Where did you find your reception dress?

On a budget :)  I haven't seen any reception dresses from bridal places that are really my style.  I want to find something fun and sexy, any tips?  Thanks in advance!
imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Where did you find your reception dress?

• I think the DB has so many beautiful reception dress you can choose
  • If you're looking to stay within your budget and get your money's worth out of things I would personally just stay in your one dress.  You can add or remove certain things (i.e. veil, wrap/bolero, hair accessory) or redo your hair if you want to change your look for the reception and you can change your shoes if you want to be more comfortable.

But department stores like Penney's or Macy's might be a good place to start and David's Bridal has reception dresses under $100.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Well my original plan was to stay in one dress but I want to make my mother happy so, instead of a more form fitted/easy to dance in dress, I'm getting more of a ballgown.  Yes, I am paying for it myself but I'm really close to her and I am the first (maybe only?) daughter to be married and want her to love the dress.  My ceremony gown will be pre-worn and under $800 so I think I should be okay to spend up to $150-$200 on a second dress.
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • just bought mine off of rue la la for $49.  Its a size big but i can get it tailored locally so it wont be too bad.
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards