Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is this possible?

I haven't gone to an alterations place yet so I haven't been able to ask... But I'm thinking my bow looks like a 4H ribbon now. lol My month board suggested taking the tails off and I like the effect it would have, but fear it would be too plain. I've been looking on etsy (my downfall!) and really like the idea of a olored sash with flower like this or this. But would it possible to take the bow and the existing ribbon off of the dress that's there now? And is this a good idea or would it not look right anyways?

Some pics:

(Excuse my sill MOH and I... =P )

Re: Is this possible?

• Options
    It looks like you could take the ribbon and flower off.  But it also looks like there is some gathering around your waist where the sash would go.  Are you ok with covering that up?
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Gathering? I'm holding it all up in the first pic (bc I'm so short there's a big pool of fabric at the bottom). Other than that the only thing I can think of you're talking about is the boning in the bodice...?
  • Options
    I'm not good with descirbing things.  I pointed it out in the pic:

dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that does sort of look like a 4H ribbon.  Can you also remove the strip of fabric that is next to it? (underneath it?)

If possible I would remove all of that and add a sash at your natural waist.
  • Options
    I think your idea would look good, provided you can remove the flower and ribbon without damaging the dress.  I'm not a seamstress, so I can't help you there.
  • Options
    I see what you mean about the 4H ribbon now that you mention it LOL.  Since it must have been attached somehow, especially as long as it is attached with stitching rather than just glued on there, there should be a way to DEtach it.  You may be able to answer your question by taking a closer look at how it is held on.  I would think a good quality dress would be designed with everything sewn on to better leave your options open to remove things and make modifications.  Definitely take it to a seamstress and leave it to the pros!  They may be able to work with it even if there is some glue there.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_this-possible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1008cbe2-8f4c-4d68-9c97-37dfac72dad9Post:072e63b7-dc23-4c90-a9cd-39c6675edf19">Re: Is this possible?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not good with descirbing things.  I pointed it out in the pic:
    Posted by ystaalenburg[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;"><div>Oh, that's actually a ribbon that has like a "sash" effect. So my MOH is going to look at it tonight (at her house) and if its removable, then I'm going to take the ribbon and the bow off and just add a sash I find myself. =)</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks guys!</div></div></div>
  • Options
    I agree. TBH, that's exactly what I thought when I saw this dress when I was dress shopping.

I think the coloured sash would look great!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards