Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress freakout!

Okay girls, I need someone to talk me down, I'm having second thoughts about my dress. And I CANNOT be having second thoughts about my dress because I've already paid for 75% of it. I purchased it at a trunk show a couple of months ago before the line was actually released. If I had waited there was a possiblity I couldn't get that dress, so I bought it. Now I keep seeing other dresses and wondering if they would look better, even though I know the dress on the model looks drastically different on my size 10 body.

Not sure why I'm feeling this way...I loved the dress, my mom loved the dress, it's a flattering style (I originally liked big ballgowns but they kinda cut me in half and made me look shorter than I am). So why am I freaking out?! Hoping that when the dress arrives and I put it back on my doubts will go away.

Here's my dress: http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=4ff26054-46fb-4639-b0df-ad83dc596199&categoryID=1975d565-34d2-4d81-90c9-437deabe902d&pg=1&colorId1=

Re: Dress freakout!

• That is a beautiful dress. I think once you get it, and try it on all the regret will melt away.
  • Your dress is gorgeous! 

For what its worth, I had second thoughts about my dress too.  I think its natural to second guess yourself on such a big decision, especially during the weeks when you are waiting for the gown to come in.

Keep in mind that if the dress arrives and you don't truly love it, there are simple things you can do to alter the look.  For example - a petticoat can make the skirt stand out more, you can add a corset back, add straps, etc.

I bet once you try it on you will feel much better.  Take a deep breath - you picked a great dress and you WILL look beautiful on your wedding day!
  • I am sure as soon as you get your dress and try it on, you will fall in love with it all over again. The secret is to stop browsing and looking at other dresses.
    I felt exactly the same while waiting for my dress, but when I got it, I loved it even more than when I ordered it. But PP is right, you can make minor changes that will change the look if you feel the need to change the dress. Good luck!
  • I love it!!
     I just recently purchased my dress about a month ago. It was a similar situation. I also have been having second thoughts. I think no matter what dress you get you might see one you think looks better but you chose your dress for a reason. Because it looked great on you and made you feel good.
  • I love it--so pretty and different from your typical ballgown.

If it helps, a lot of us have second thoughts. I did for sure. Remember that there was a reason that you chose that dress, and that of course there are thousands of dresses out there, but you have to stop looking when you find the one you want. After all, as they say, you stopped looking when you found the groom you wanted ;)

Stop looking at dresses! Start envisioning this dress as your own, and think about the complete package: jewelry, a veil, shoes, etc. It'll start to feel more real that way, I promise.
  • Thanks guys! I don't mean to keep looking at dresses, I've stopped getting wedding magazines for that very reason. The website makes it a little difficult though, haha. Thanks for the words of reassurance.
  • The dress is absolutely stunning. Being a size 10 also, I suggest that you just keep reminding yourself that you fell in love with your dress for a reason and it looked fantastic on you. Not all those gorgeous dresses on size 0 models look good on girls like us. Every dress I picked out that I love in wedding magazines and in the store, I absolutely hated on me. They all made me look huge or short or just wasn't what I expected. It's common to have second thoughts but just always remind yourself you will look great on your wedding day and you are marrying the man of your dreams.
  • I think its really pretty. I also had second thoughts about my dress after I ordered it and went back in to try it on and all those thoughts went away. I can't wait to wear it at my wedding!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• LOVE THAT DRESS!! And it's Disney- even more magical lol.

Don't second guess yourself! You love it and you know it and you'll look awesome on your wedding day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's so beautiful. I think when you get it you will be really thrilled. It's gorgeous. If it makes you feel better, your dress is so gorgeous that I am second guessing my own. AHhh!
  • Gorgeous dress. Stop looking. Invest your energies elsewhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is very pretty.  Stop looking at other dresses, start looking at veils/headpieces, jewelry, shoes, all things that will require you to focus on your dress.

• oh wow... now I love your dress better than mine. LOL... this is so pretty and unique. You will look amazing, no worried :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards