New Hampshire
Options

Sad - Dont know what to do

So Fi's grandfather decided this week that he wants to stop dialysis. He has been on dialysis for a while but has recently lost his will to live. He has asked numerous times for a pill that he can take that will kill him. He told FI's aunt earlier this week that he had a great life and a great family but its time to go. FI is really close to his grandfather, he is the first grandchild and LOVES his grandparents to death. However, tonight was the first night I saw him cry. Because his grandfather is so sick and has stopped his treatment they expect him to die within days. FI is so upset and I dont know what to do... I feel so bad, especially since he was still expecting him to make it to the wedding in two weeks. Such a bummer at such a happy time in our life.

Re: Sad - Dont know what to do

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about your FI's grandfather...we went through a similar situation with our wedding. His grandfather has terminal cancer and it not doing well and they were pretty much touch and go as to whether or not they would come. The only advice I can offer you is to support your FI and understand that there are going to be moments when he is going to think of his grandfather. ::hugs::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry my heart goes out to you and your FI.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sad :(  My heart goes out to you and your FI especially with the wedding so soon. Dialysis is such a hard thing to accept because you have to keep doing it for so long.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about this very sad time for your FI and the whole family. I completely understand the feeling, but as the youngest in my family I felt like I got gipped b/c my wedding was the only one my closest grandparent was not at. I understand the issue with being sad at such a happy time. My grandfather passed away the night DH was going to propose (obviously he held off)... but he finally did a few weeks later and it was a conflicting time for me emotionally. Like a PP said just remember to be supportive and allow him to be emotional. Thoughts and prayers with you both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards