Attire & Accessories Forum

Maggie Dresses

I've found the dress that I want but it's a Maggie from Fall 2009.  I'm not getting married until next September, so I have some time.  My question is, will the prices come down when the next season's line comes out?  I have no experience in this whatsoever so any advice is helpful.  Dress: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=joanna&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=J1290Right now it's around $940, I realize this is not ridiculous when it comes to gowns, but it is a little out of my price range.Thanks!

Re: Maggie Dresses

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My dress (Aleta) hasn't dropped in price in the past year and it's a couple years old. I think it depends on the style. If it is a popular style, they may keep the price the same until demand drops.I think since your dress is so new, it's probably not going to drop that much by the time you need to order it. FYI - I am getting married this Sept. I ordered my dress last November. It was supposed to arrive in April, but only came in LAST WEEK! So - expect about 8 months for delivery. HTH!
  • Wow, thanks for the tip.  The dress shop told me to order it no later than December.  Fiance thought I was shopping too soon, guess not!
  • I'm wearing Brittanya Lynette, which is from a few seasons ago (I don't know exactly which one), and it's about the same price as yours.
  • My dress has been out a while (Victoriana), but it's one of the more popular Maggie dresses so the price is still around $1000.  Perhaps you will get lucky and find one at a sample sale for less.  Hope everything works out okay for you.
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • Maggie dresses do not always take a long, long time to come in. I ordered mine 7 months in advance, and it took exactly 3 months and 1 week to arrive on my doorstep from the day I ordered it. If you order the dress with a special alteration (shorter hem, etc), then sometimes that can delay it, but the usual lead time on Maggies is about 14 weeks.
  • My Maggie is from 2007, and it's still several hundred more than yours...I dont' think prices tend to drop much, if at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards