Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Have any of you bought your dress ONLINE?

I'm in love with the Roma by Maggie Sottero, but the dress is quite expensive being that it is new.  I've called around to a few different bridal shops and the prices vary by a couple hundred.  I typed in Maggie Sottero Roma online and there are sites that you can buy it for.  The cheapest i can find the dress at a dress shop is 1100, but online you can buy it for 410.  Have any of you ever bought your dress online, there are two websites one is http://www.topbridaldress.com and the other is http://www.bestdressprice.com. Have any of you ever used these sites or know anyone that has.  I'm very cautious about ordering online, so i'm not sure if it's a good way to go or not.  I'm just trying to save my parents some money, i feel bad that they are spending it all on me!  Let me know what you think.  Thanks

Re: Have any of you bought your dress ONLINE?

• Options
    i asked the other night on the board about top bridal dresses and was told they sell knock offs.
  • Options
    Pearl's Place! Check out their website - www.pearlsplace.com - they take orders online and are definitely not a knock-off deal. As long as you have the style number (or can give them enough details about your dress so they can find the style number), they can order it for you. I just got a price quote for the dress I want, and it was about $700 less than the retail price. HTH. :)
  • Options
    Maggie sets a bottom price limit for their gowns (reputable shops are not allowed to sell it below a certain price point), so anyone selling it for a drastically low price is most likely selling a knockoff. I would look for a used dress, or call some shops and see if they can sell you the sample. If you are O.K. with getting the same style but not necessarily a Maggie Sottero, look at some other, more inexpensive designers for a copycat model. Or bring the photo to a local dressmaker and ask how much it'd cost to replicate it.
  • Options
    I used www.netbride.com and they were great to work with!
  • Options
    I used [url]http://jaysbridal.net/store/home.php[/url] for my Casablanca dress. They were great to work with and I did get my dress for a few hundred cheaper than in a salon. Maggie's do have a low limit on their dresses. So if you find the dress you're looking for online and it's several hundred $$ cheaper than what you've previously looked at, it's probably a knock off.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I second Pearl's Place and they actually have a retail location in LA. HTH!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    Bridget, I absolutely fell in love with the Roma. Do not buy your dress online. Maggie dresses online are knock offs. I have a Maggie Sottero Roma dress in white that I wore for my wedding on 8/2/09. It is a size 10. But because of the corset it can fit a size 8, 10, or 12 or be altered for smaller sizes.. What size are you? Send me your email address to missymg02@sbcglobal.net and I will send you pictures of me in the dress on my wedding day. Either way please let me know if you are interested in buying it. Thank you, Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards