Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bra-undergarment help for DD!

Hi Ladies,I'm wearing a strapless wedding dress with a corset style-tie back. Being a little self conscious of my large chest, I would've never dreamed of choosing strapless but the front of the dress has boning that supports really well & actually accents my waistline. I don't really want to add sewn in cups so can anyone suggest a good strapless bra, corset or maybe a one-piece minimizer. Has anyone tried the Va Bien line??Thank you!

Re: Bra-undergarment help for DD!

• Options
    i wear a 32DD and bought my Carnival longline bustier from freshpair.com
  • Options
    If your dress already has good boning, a strapless bra isn't going to give you any more support. Just make sure the dress is fitted properly and you should be fine!
  • Options
    I'm also a DD, and I didn't even end up wearing my strapless.  Surpizingly I as comfortable all night, and the dress looked much better without it.  I tried my dress on with and without it and wearing the bra actually added about 10-15 lbs (well, it made me look heavier).  I know that sounds crazy, but even the seamstress agreed.  I think because of two reasons - 1) the bras are push-up - so when I looked bustier, and heavier - even my arms looked fatter; 2) While it gave me a shape, it boxed out my normal shape (I have a high waist naturally - so I suspect the my waist and the one on the corset didn't line up, creating a boxy effect). I had tried the Va Bien, the Goddess, and the Dominique.  Va Bien was my least favorite.  Goddess offered more support, but the top poked out of the front of my dress.  So, I kept the Dominique, but have only worn it for sexy-time. 
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, if your dress has good boning you should be fine without a bra.I'm a smaller 34DD, and like PP the bra actually added weight to my dress, with a bra on I can't zip my gown all the way and it made me look much larger in the chest area.
  • Options
    I got mine from the Ultimo D-G line on figleaves.com. I wear a 32FF and not only did it support me well when I tried the dress on, it made my waist look tiny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards