Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Casablanca 1936

Hi everyone,I am really excited because I think I have finally picked a dress- Casablanca 1936, but I don't love the way it looks online. Does anyone have any "real life" pictures of themselves in this dress that they wouldn't mind sharing?Thanks!Melissa

Re: Casablanca 1936

• Options
    I too am wearing Casablanca 1936.  Not sure how to post pics though.... Heather
  • Options
    Today is your lucky day! I actually tried this dress on and took SEVERAL pics because I really loved it! In the end, I have chosen to go with a different Casablanca dress, 1902 in champagne/ivory. But, 1936 was a close second! Here they are. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for posting all those pics! It looks great on you! Is that the dress in ivory with a champagne band? It looks like the same color I tried on.  I really love it! Thanks again!
  • Options
    i believe it was ivory and the band was like a blushy pink. No problem! Glad to help
  • Options
    Wow! You look gorgeous.  Do you have pics of you in the 1092?  Thanks!
  • Options
    Here's the 1902! I'm very excited to wear it on my big day. My actual dress has not arrived yet but here are my pics in the sample dress. The women at the shop actually brought it out to me last minute and I tried it on just because.. and it ended up being my dress! Crazy how fate works. Pesonally, the model picture of this dress on the internet does not give an accurate image of the dress. In reality it is very trumpet style, which I love.  I may or may not make the neckline a sweatheart.. undecided.
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks!  It looks absolutely beautiful! You're right, the model online does not do it justice!
  • Options
     I love the Casablanca 1936 dress on you! I love the matching veil too!  Do you know who would sell a veil like that??
  • Options
    I bought this dress too! I love it! I can't wait to try it on again. TeachMelissa, did you end up ordering it? I don't know how to post pictures on here.
  • Options
    OMG...I bought this dress but didnt try it on!  I am so happy to see it on a real person! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    I think I tried on this very dress too and was surprised by it. (The saleslady picked it out for me.) I don't think I'll go for it b/c it's not what I'm looking for, but it does has a pretty, dreamy effect all around on the bottom [img]http://tinyurl.com/yzdfohc[/img]
  • Options
    I actually was planning on buying Casablanca 1949 (simple, but gorgeous in person) but getting the back buttons like 1936.  I was just about to order 1949 when I happened to turn 1936 over and just fell in LOVE with it.  Its so dreamy. I ordered without even trying it on.  Casablanca should fire their photographer...all of their dresses look more amazing in person!
  • Options
    Yes, I did end up ordering this dress! Thanks for posting all the pics! For those of you getting the 1936, how are you going to do the bustle? The saleslady showed me two ways- one point on top (which shows a lot of the sparkle on the bottom) or a french bustle under(which shows off the buttons), but I am unsure which looks better. I have no pics, but would appreciate any ideas from those of you who will have to get it bustled also!Thanks!!
  • Options
    I am going with the sparkle and ironically, I am not into bling! So that brings me to my question...what what you all suggest for hair (up, down?) and what about jewelry? Would a necklace be overkill? I am so happy about this board, I feel like I need someone to talk to about this dress, but no one was with me when I ordered it...its sort of a big surprise!
  • Options
    I was thinking that the sparkle way looked better too (even though I am also not really that into bling either-haha!) I am planning to wear my hair up- mostly because I am getting married in August and I know I will be hot with it down. I think I will wear a necklace since my hair will be up and it's a strapless dress....but definitely not anything too flashy or I think it will be overkill. I'm also happy about the board- good to have people to bounce ideas off of!
  • Options
    [IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/2wmnz7s.jpg[/IMG]Here's my 1936.  I just love it!
  • Options
    OMG Heather...the dress looks so fab on you!  I think you camera captured how it looks in person!  Can't wait until mine comes in!
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  I really love it!  I am going to do the bustle with the beading showing.  I definitely like the sparkle.  I am having a night reception that will be outdoors, so it really sparkles in the dark.  When I was trying it on at the store, they turned off the lights and it just looked gorgeous!  Not sure what I'm doing with my hair or veil yet... what is everybody else doing?
  • Options
    I just wanted to say thanks a MILLION for putting up your pictures of 1936! I bought the dress months ago, but they wouldn't allow pictures. :(     I need to buy shoes and stuff and it is so hard without pictures, and the model on the website doesn't do the dress any justice. Thank you so much...you look so great in both - good for you for being able to choose!
  • Options
    PS Heather -  this is kind of a weird question, but are you wearing a special bra/bustier under the dress? It looks great, and I could use some help!
  • Options
    It's the Bio Fit 7 way bra from Victoria Secrets.  It works wonders!  It stays up too!
  • Options
    OMG...I just got a call from the showp and my dress came in WAY early.  I am going to try it on after work...wish me luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards