Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Anyone used House of Brides.com?

My FSIL brought to my attention last night houseofbrides.com, which has the bridesmaid dress I've picked out for $129, compared to $171 (after a 10% discount) at the shop I've ordered my wedding dress from. Just curious if anyone has used them for either bridesmaid or wedding dresses, and what your experience was. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image image

Re: Anyone used House of Brides.com?

• Options
    They get mixed reviews - if I were you I would also check the prices at Pearl's Place, RK Bridal, and netbride.com - all three of those get rave reviews and pricing is fantastic. I personally got all my girls BM dresses at Pearl's Place and they were wonderful to work with and the dresses came in about a month earlier than they originally quoted.  Also there are no taxes at any of these places as long as you don't live in the states they are located in (Louisiana for Pearl's Place, NY for RK Bridal, and I believe IL for netbride.com) so that's an extra savings (though you do have to pay for shipping, but if you ship them all to one place shipping is only $12 or something).  They will also negotiate with you to beat their competitior's price.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    That is awesome to know! Thanks! I will definitely check out those other sites as well :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    We bought my bridesmaid dresses from that website. They came in earlier than expected and are absolutely gorgeous! They didn't fit quite right (had to be altered), but that was expected. I am very happy with them.
  • Options
    We also bought bridesmaid's dresses on the site and had no problems. Each girl was very happy. In our case, the savings was almost $100 compared the price in the store.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't use them for my wedding but I did go thru them for my brother's wedding (I was a Bridesmaid). The one thing I can say is that it pays to order from them in enough time because they are SLOW AS HECK! The customer service is sub par to say the least but they definitely carry what you see on their site. Like most have said the reviews are mixed. I didn't care for them after my experience with my brother's wedding and opt not to go thru them again. But if you are ordering from them in enough time to allow for effective communication you should be fine. and rush doesn't mean what you think it means when it comes to them so be leery of that too. HTH.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try contacting Pearl's Place, Netbride or any of the other suggested sites as they will give better service.
  • Options
    I would go with some of the suggestions and try Netbride, or Pearl's Place. We were not happy with the service from this site for a wedding that I and some friends stood in. They are not nice.
  • Options
    I have also heard mixed reviews about them. I would suggest looking into ebridalsuperstore.com. I ordered my wedding gown and my bridesmaids gowns from there. The dresses came in earlier than expected, and the customer service team was wonderful. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards