Attire & Accessories Forum

Casablanca Dress Question

So I ordered my dress back in July Casablanca 1918. They told me it wouldn't be in until February and it came in already a few weeks ago. I can't wait to try it on next week but I am a little worried it came in so early. My wedding isn't for another 6 months and I was also between sizes and ordered the smaller size to avoid alteration costs. Did anyone else have their dress come in so early? Also I need a bra or something to wear under the dress. The back of the dress is really low and I need something to give me support that is not going to cost a lot. Any suggestions?

Re: Casablanca Dress Question

• You're worried that it came in too EARLY? Why do brides just love to find things to worry about? It wouldn't have been a different size if it had come in later. At least this way, you've got plenty of time to see if there's anything you need to do to get it to fit properly (whether it's alterations, or eating healthier, or both).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • obviously i'm not going to get alterations done now it's too early for that they even told me they wouldn't do a fitting until atleast February or March but now I have to store the dress for the next 6 months I don't want it to get ruined bringing it back and forth for fittings or turning yellow. I'm sure everything is fine with the dress but they rushed me to order it b/c it was suppose to take 7 months to come in and then it only took 2 months. I would of rather waited to order it.
  • I ordered my 1918 in June...but it isn't here yet. Consider yourself lucky!!! I'm planning on wearing a longline bra underneath - I just found one that I think will work and am going to try it on this weekend. But now I'm wondering why my dress isn't in yet...aaarrrggghhh. Hopefully there's nothing to worry about!
  • i ordered my casablanca dress in july, too! and it came in three weeks ago! i went and tried it on this past saturday, and my wedding isn't until june!
  • Ugh. I didn't need to see that someone else has theirs too...Where is MY dress?!? I'm calling the shop tomorrow.
  • Alison I would definitely call the shop and verify everything with them .....your wedding is so close!
  • I ordered my Casablanca 1945 in late June and my ship date is mid to late November. I changed the neckline (halter to sweetheart), ordered a petite size, and ordered the dress hollow-to hem, so I was expecting that my dress would take a few weeks longer to make than if I had not customized it.
  • Ummm...I'm in panic mode...called today and they said mine was in the current shipment and should be here in the next two weeks. TWO WEEKS??? Ugghhh. Hopefully it won't require too much alteration. Keep your fingers crossed for me and my dress!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards