Attire & Accessories Forum

Little White Dress.... Gloves or No?

I'm breaking all sorts of rules and bought the Tahiti dress from Melissa Sweet Reverie collection for a winter wedding. Gloves? I want the look of glamour not trashy. If gloves, what length?

Re: Little White Dress.... Gloves or No?

• That dress is so gorgeous! I love the detail on the bodice! I don't know how i feel about gloves in general?? If you love them then do it, it's your day...I don't think they will look trashy! If you had a floor length dress would you still have it strapless? If so...would you wear gloves? I would think about wearing a fur wrap or coat?
  • Remember if you wear gloves you have to take the left one off for his to put the ring on your finger during the ceremony. I still don't understand how that's supposed to work.
  • I want to make the dress more formal. I'm short and have short hair, so a long dress was just too much fabric on my frame. So the short dress was PERFECT. - but I think it needs something and I can't put my finger on it.... maybe a birdcage veil??
  • No. I think they would only look good if you had a REALLY formal dress and wanted to make it even more formal. For the vast majority of wedding dresses, I think they'd look really weird.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • If you did gloves, I would recommend only wrist-length, and maybe something really delicate like lace.  (I still don't know how you would do the ring exchange, I ended up nixing the idea of gloves for myself because I couldn't figure out the logistics.If you wanted to glam up and winterize that dress a bit, I would recommend a nice white stole in either fake fir or mirabou feathers, and a pillbox hat (birdcage veil optional).
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I vote no gloves. I think they look better when on non-strapless tea length gowns. The kind where the neck line it almost covered. Also gloves tend to make your arms looks shorter. I LOVE your dress though! I am also doing a tea length and wearing a stole at some times with it. Etsy and ebay sell a lot of stoles and shrugs at reasonable prices. You can add a unique brooch to it.
  • Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • I vote no gloves as well. But if you must have, then wrist length only. A birdcage veil would look great with that dress!
  • When wearing gloves, you remove them as you get to the altar and give them to your MOH with the flowers.  Just an FYI.Cheers!
  • My girlfriend did this at her wedding. There is a cutout on the ring finger. The link looks cheesey - but her gloves were gorgeous. Its basically button hole stiching on the otherside.. http://www.weddingaccents.com/accessories/cu-2172w-wedding-bridal-wrist-gloves.htm again.... these look cheesey... but I wanted to post for the concept. Birdcage.. yep, I think its key with this dress and my hair length. Cheers!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards