Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can FI See?!

My FI will be with me when I pick up my dress next weekend.. I kinda want to show him my dress.. but I feel like I'm breaking the rules... He'll prolly forget in 5 months anyways... What do you think??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can FI See?!

• Options
    What "rules"? Seriously, do you think the Wedding Police are going to come and get you?If you want to show him the dress, go right ahead. If not, don't. Don't worry about what you're "supposed to do." Do what YOU want to do, as long as you're not hurting anyone or committing a serious etiquette faux pas. I showed FI a pic of my dress after I bought it, and he's seen me trying on my veil. If he wants to see the dress once it comes in, he's more than welcome.
  • Options
    I ask DH if you wanted to see my dress before the wedding but he refused (he didn't even want to see my veil!). Apparently he's more traditional than I am. I would ask first and not spring it on him. He could turn out like my DH and be upset that he saw it before hand.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If he wants to see and you want to show, why not!? FI doesn't want to see mine. He likes surprises.
  • Options
    Ask him. But you're right, he'll probably forget.
  • Options
    If he has no problem with it, why not??  There are no rules!  My FI saw me in numerous gowns and in my gown at least 3 times in different stores, and he loves it. lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Wedding Police came after me too. I kicked them in the nuts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I *heart* Ring pop. I really do.This makes me dance. :)Anyway ditto all the PPs - ask your FI what he'd like. Mine was happy to come dress shopping with me. He played Tetris on his cell phone while I was in the dressing room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I bought my dress online.  I showed it to FI before I ordered it and since I've gotten it, it's been hanging in our closet.  He has not seen it on  me, but he said he doesnt want to until I walk down the aisle.
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Options
    I showed FI pics of my dress right after I bought it. Who cares?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    My FI has seen the picture of my dress, that the bridal shop gave me from the garment bag. He will likely see the actual dress before we get married as we are going to have to pack it on a plane somehow, and I will need to hang it in the hotel room too!And, as he is sewing his own outfit, he was able to see what would compliment it well (he is going to pick up on the silver detailing in mine).No wedding police have knocked on my door yet and it they did I would kick them in the junk :p  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards