Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Too late?

Due to circumtances that take lots of paragraphs to explain, is late December too late to order a dress that will have to be made for a July 3rd wedding?

Re: Too late?

• Options
    No. Most dresses from a bridal salon take 12-14 weeks to order (venus is only 12, most labels have a rush option for $100-$200 dollars that you can get a dress not in stock and needs to be made in less then 8 weeks) and alterations takes 3-6 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. The bridal shops I visited told me I had until Jan-Feb to purchase for my August wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    That depends on what designer you want. For instance, my best friend is getting married next year in July and she got her dress at David's Bridal. She was told that she'd get her dress in 16 weeks, but got it in 4 weeks. I went to a private boutique with a completely different designer. I was told that it'd take 6 months for it to come in. This was about two months ago when I purchased the dress and I still don't have the dress as expected. I'll be getting it about two months before my wedding day, which will give me just the right amount to get it altered. You'd want to make sure you have your dress ordered on time for plenty of alterations if necessary. I think you should start looking for the dress now and then figure out what dress you want. Then you can ask the seller how long it takes for that particular dress to come in. Then you should know if December is going to be too late or not for the dress you love.
  • Options
    It definitely depends on who/where you're getting your dress from. My dress is an Alfred Angelo, and it only took maybe 8 weeks to come in. I'd recommend ordering your dress by the 6 month mark, unless it's custom or something.
  • Options
    I was told I have until early January to order for my June 12 wedding.  It might be tight but I have not found the right dress yet so I am not going to rush myself into a dress I don't really like unless I really have no time.
  • Options
    Definitely depends on the shop and the manufacturer. Though... I think all the manufacturers have a "rush" policy... it's the extra $$$ they charge for that that sucks. :-\
  • Options
    no. i ordered mine in september and recieved it in december for my february wedding. you'll be fine. dont let the bridal salon scare you into rushing to buy a dress. its enough time.GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards