Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What length should my veil be?????

Hello all. I am trying to decide how long my veil should be. I tried one on in an elbow length and I don't think it looked bad, but I'm starting to think that maybe a floor-length veil would be nice. My dress doesn't have a train, so I kind of think it would be nice to have the veil trailling behind me maybe just a bit. Also, I don't want my veil to fall over my shoulders so I think that maybe having a longer veil would help with that too. I couldn't figure out how to put the pic in here, so its in my bio. If I figure it out, i'll update the post.

Re: What length should my veil be?????

• Options
    I can't see your dress in your bio :(However, I've found that generally, the length of the veil kind of depends on the silhouette of the dress. As a guideline, I've found that veils look nicest when they end approximately where the skirt of the dress starts to flare out. That way the skirt continues the silhouette created by the veil.My dress was fit-and-flare, fitted down the hip. I went with a fingertip veil that ended just slightly below where the dress started to flare out. (Of course, I borrowed my veil, so I didn't really have much of a choice!)Ballgowns and a-line dresses tend to look nice with elbow length veils that end just about where the dress skirt starts to flare out. They can also look very nice with chapel or cathedral length, a-line dresses especially.Of course, all this is also dependent on how the back of the dress looks, and the detail on your train. I wouldn't cover a really gorgeous, detailed train with a veil, but in many cases, a long veil can enhance the line of the train.I have clearly given this too much thought.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Ok, I was able to get the pic uploaded. Now you should be able to see the pic in my bio. Also, here is a direct link to it. Can anyone tell me how to put the pic directly in this post?http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae232/JBrat89/SDC11435.jpg
  • Options
    [img]http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae232/JBrat89/SDC11435.jpg[/img]Use the code [*img] [*/img] minus the stars.I'd go elbow length or slightly longer (like what you've got on).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I like the idea of a long viel with a dress that doesn't have a train.
  • Options
    I think a long veil would look way better with that dress than the elbow length one. I did a long veil that trailed behind me, and I loooove that look.
  • Options
    I personally don't like the elbow length veil with that dress.. I'd go fingertip length or longer..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards