Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help with opinions again please.....

Okay so this time I went to a Maggie trunk show and tried on "Maxine". It was like 2 or three sizes too big on me, so it's hard to fully visualize how it would look on me in my size. I'm not quite sure how much I like the shoulder straps so I might have them removed, but the problem is that it would be the only area without any beading when there's beading throghout the bodice. I'd like your opinion on the dress with or without the straps and how it looks on me......remember, try to visualize it in MY size if you can. The pic is in my bio under "attire" dress #2 Thanks ladies!!!

Re: Help with opinions again please.....

• Options
    I looked at your pics and I do agree about the beading. However it is an amazing gown on you and it gives you great shape! Maggie's seem to have a great way of flattering. Have you seen the Anniston? It have great beading and the corset back. It is strapless and has a little puff out. I think both of your dresses are awesome picks! I am the type that I have to make educated purchases....AKA must try everything on. GL GL GL GL !!
    ?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?
  • Options
    I personally don't like the Maggie. I think the first dress is much prettier.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DKC---- I havnn't tried on the Anniston, but I'm looking for it. I've emailed two other bridal salons in my area who carry Maggie's and I'm waiting to hear back if they carry it. It's a hard call..... especially since the Mori Lee dress I still love, but I feel it's a little plain and I think that's what's drawn me to the maggie. Plus it's in a champagne color and it just is an amazing color. I wish I would have better pics of me in it. Lol, my mom isn't the best photographer.
  • Options
    If you're still considering the Mori Lee, then I vote for that one. I think it cuts a much cleaner figure on you. The Maxine is pretty and gives you a nice shape, but I also feel like it's got too much detail going on. I think the elegance and the simplicity of the Mori Lee looks very classic and I think it lets your nice figure be the focal point, rather than the detailing on the dress being the focal point. 
  • Options
    I definitely like the first dress a lot better than the second one. But we all have different tastes. I personally think the first dress gives you the "bam wow!" look and the second dress is kind of too much that it takes away from you.
  • Options
    I know this is not what you asked for, but I think #1 looks better on you.  You are right about #2, it's hard to tell what it'd look like if you had the right size dress on you.  It seems so big.  The straps seem so side and something about it look a bit off (I am thinking it IS b/c of the size of the sample), with or without the straps
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sorry, but i actually really love the mori lee one on you!! its gorgeous!! (I usually tend to like Maggies more, and i had a maggie myself, but the mori lee is much more flattering on you). if you did go w/ the maggie, i actually think it looks better with the straps. =) just my opinions. good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you soo much for all of your input. I'm looking at a few other dresses, but I'd like to find a place that has the Maxine in a smaller sample.
  • Options
    IMO, the first dress looks MUCH better on you! I think it gives you a much better shape and just flattersyou better.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like the first one better too. I think the second one has too much going on.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    #1 looks AMAZING on you!!!!!!!!!! #2 is pretty too but #1 is breathtaking on you. It defintly gets my vote
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dress 1 hands down. Dress 2 is beautiful and it makes a girl with an average to good figure look really pretty, but your figure is amazing! And dress 1 compliments your amazing figure. You look stunning in dress 1, you are the image of what brides wish themselves to be.
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs- the Mori Lee looks a lot better on you.  If you're looking for something similar in a Maggie style, with a little more sparkle, you could try:  Mariana, Carla, Azya or Coco, just to name a few!  GL!
  • Options
    I like number one, I almost got that same Mori Lee dress but I ended up ordering a Maggie Sottero and now I am having second thoughts.  The first dress looks amazing on you!
  • Options
    Number 1 looks GREAT on you!! #2 is ok. I think you will get more of the "WOW" factor in Dress #1. You don't want people to notice the dress, you want them to notice YOU in the dress. #2 is so busy that it might take away from you. I don't think you would ever regret #1, it's classic.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with all the PP's - #1 looks amazing on you! It's not just that it's a pretty dress, it hits you in all the right places and makes you look smokin'! IMO it's plain at all. It's a gorgeous dress that doesn't need a bunch of fluff and frills to stand out. Like my mom says - people will notice the whole bride, not just the dress! But pick the dress the feels like the best match for you. GL!
  • Options
    Okay, first off.....thank you all sooo much for your feedback. I'm not quite ready to make a final decision so I'm going to head back out this weekend to try some more dresses. I wonder if "Maxine" would look much better on me in my size... anyways, I found a place that carries "Oakley" from MS..... Everyone seems to reallllly like the Mori Lee which is cool... the only thing I'm hesitant about with that one is that it IS plain and doesn't do much as far as sparkle where Maxine was very sparkly in the mirror with the lighting..... I had the same wow feeling with both which is why I think it would be hard for me to decide between the to. Here's the link for the one I want to try this weekend:
  • Options
    I have to agree with the other posts. The first dress looks AMAZING on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards