Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bought a new dress

5 months ago I bought a long sheath style, strapless gown with chapel train.  I liked it but didn't love it.  I was terrified at the thought of spending so much money on a dress to wear one time and I ended up settling for my 3rd or 4th favorite simply due to cost reasons.  What can I say, my parents were big time savers and very, very money cautious.  It's been engrained in my way of thinking since birth.  But this weekend, I threw caution to the wind, said, "What the hell" and returned my first dress and exchanged it for THE dress.  The receipt clearly said, ALL SALES FINAL!  But I talked with the manager and she allowed me to exchange since I hadn't had any alterations yet and I'm sure that it also had something to do with the new dress costing about $450 more the first one.I guess this isn't really a question.  I'm just very happy.  I have a dress that I love rather than one that I like!!!  I just wanted to share. 

Re: Bought a new dress

• Options
    Congratulations!  I'm glad you are very happy.
  • Options
    Congratulations :o)  Do you have pics of the dress you bought?
  • Options
    congrats. I always said I would never spend over $800 for a dress but screw it, this is supposed to be the most special day of your life and you deserve to feel beautiful and perfect :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is so exciting that you now have The Dress! In the long run photos of you (in The Dress) and your honey are going to last longer than other things in your wedding. 

Cheers Girl! I would love to see a photo of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards