Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Printed Bridesmaid Dresses? Opinions please

Hey ladies - My colors are Navy blue and purple, I'm up in the air about printed bridesmaid dresses.  I want my girls to have a dress that they could wear again to a formal occasion if they choose - without looking like a bridesmaid lol.  This is the dress I'm considering (love the grecian look to it)...opinions please :)

For reference, this is my dress:

http://www.matthewchristopher.com/images/2008/imagine_f_full.jpg
-Linds
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Printed Bridesmaid Dresses? Opinions please

• Options
    LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Hey ladies - My colors are Navy blue and purple, I'm up in the air about printed bridesmaid dresses.  I want my girls to have a dress that they could wear again to a formal occasion if they choose - without looking like a bridesmaid lol.  This is the dress I'm considering (love the grecian look to it)...opinions please :)

For reference, this is my dress:

http://www.matthewchristopher.com/images/2008/imagine_f_full.jpg
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Ok weird - I tried posting this on the attire and accessories board, but somehow it ended up here - I know I asked this on here a few months ago - if any of you ladies would like to share an opinion I'd be happy to hear it. 

Steph - anyway you can move this to the Attire and Accessories board?  Its not allowing me to delete it for some reason. 
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I love that dress!  It is a really lovely print, and would look perfect with your wedding colors.  It will also be such a great contrast with a wedding gown.  People rarely do print bridesmaid dresses, so I think it will be both beautiful and dramatic.  My vote--do it.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    If all of your BMs are tall and skinny, I think its a great idea. It would look like a tie-dye mumu on me (short and round). So I guess it depends on what your BMs look like. I do like the idea of a pattern, though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    It is a really pretty dress and I love the idea of doing a pattern as well. However, like PP person said you may want to make sure everyone tries them on first and it doesn't over power them. Those are very rich colors and a very busy pattern and could possibly over power someone. But if it looks great on everyone then I say go for it, I really do love patterned BM dresses and I applaud you for trying to find something they might be willing wear again.
  • Options

I think it's a gorgeous dress and I would love to wear something not bridesmaid-y to be in someone's wedding. I also think the style/line really compliments your dress.

Even if this one doesn't work out for all your BMs, or is too "busy" given your venue and decor, I would really consider sticking with the idea of patterned dresses for your wedding party.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    I like it!  The last wedding I was in, we wore printed maxi dresses from Victoria's Secret.  The dress is something I could wear again and they actually looked great for pictures.n  Talk to your bridesmaids to get their opinions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's a beautiful dress, I think patterned bridesmaids dresses are fun :)  I agree with what others have said, make sure it's flattering and something your BM's would be comfortable with, if they all like it I say go for it! 
  • Options
    That is really a pretty dress but I am in the same vertically challenged catagory as Sarah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's really pretty, and I love the idea of a patterned dress for your bridesmaids. I agree w/the pp's though; the print might not work for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards