Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil help PLEASE!!!!

I  need help/input on selecting a veil.  I am leaning towars the Maggie Sottero Maude gown.  Here is the link:  

I always invisioned me in a lace gown but just havent found one that gives me "the" feeling.  This dress isn't what I was looking for but when I put it on it just felt right.  I'd love opinions on adding a cathedral length veil with lace edging.  Will it look ok to add the lace veil with a dress that is all satin with this embelishment at the bust, or are they just too different in style???  

Re: Veil help PLEASE!!!!

• Options
    I don't know about the lace but I think a cathedral veil with crystal embellishments would be really pretty.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I always thought I would wear a soft lace gown as well but when I put one on it just felt all wrong and almost too "old" for me.  What I ended up getting was a one should satin gown with crushed organza flowers on the shoulder, down the one side on the front and covering the train.  I absolutely loved it!  What I am trying to say is sometimes what you envision in your head is not always what works or what you love when you try things on.

I have to agree with PP about the cathedral veil.  I love cathedral veils but funnily enough didn't wear one myself!

Oh, and I love your dress!  It is gorgeous and I love the fact that it isn't strapless.  It is so refreshing to see brides choose dresses with straps.  It also seems like it would be very figure flattering as well.

• Options
    I agree with the PP... a cathedral veil would look gorgeous! 

Where is your ceremony taking place?  I am wearing a Sottero & Midgley dress (Suzette)... I went for a shorter veil (the Toni Federici Rome) b/c my ceremony is on the beach, and I didn't want any problems with the wind & a longer veil..  I am not even sure I will wear the one I bought, but I will have it for portraits on the beach, and can decide then. 
  • Options
    tmshipptmshipp member
    First Comment
    I actually tried it on with a cathedral veil with BEAUTIFUL crystal embelishments.  BUT...it was 600 and I just cant wrap my brain around that!!!  I was just thinking that maybe that would be one way I could get the lace.  

Maggie....it is VERY flattering.  The deep V is very flattering.  I'm a 12-14 and it made me look like and 8 (then again the melted me into an 8!!!)

Football...We are getting married at a venue that is similar to an old hacienda.  Hopefully outside in the garden area.  Beautiful stone fireplace and trees/landscaping.  Huge wooden doors with iron decor.  

Im trying to figure out how to post a couple of pics....
  • Options
    A lace-edged veil with that glamorous gown will clash a little, I think.  A cathedral veil that is plain or has some crystals would be better IMO.  Gorgeous dress.
  • Options
    I agree with Karma...I think a lace edged veil wouldn't really go with the gown.  Have you tried looking on Etsy for a more affordable veil?  Veil prices are ridiculous for what you actually get so I would definitely search the web.

• Options
    tmshipptmshipp member
    First Comment
    OK...sounds like the lace and the dress just aren't meant for each other. I think I kinda knew that down deep. Thanks. Will look around online a bit for some better prices. THANKS!!!!
  • Options
    I don't think the dress is the right style for the lace.  It's very modern and the lace is more romantic/vintage.  Honestly, I think a birdcage veil would look amazing with that dress.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    im horrible when it comes to veils, just wanted to say your dress is breath taking, and your making me wish my dress had straps!!
  • Options
    If you really want to incorporate lace in your wedding day then think about wrapping a vintage lace handkerchief around your bouquet.  You can find then pretty cheaply at antique stores. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think a cathdral or a chapel length would look gorgeous with this dress, and I agree with PPs that lace would clash. Definitely check out etsy.com, I bought a chapel-length veil and a fingertip veil for $60 total. I can PM you the name of the seller who made my veil, but if you want to look yourself, you should definitely be able to find what you want for around $100.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards