Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Dress Alterations

I purchased my dress from a store in the Chicago, IL area and the shop charges a flat rate of $400 and all I need is for my dress to be taken up a little because, it is to long. Does anyone know of any shops/individuals in the Chicagoland area that does alterations?? I called a few stores and they can not do it because, I did not purchase my dress from them. HELP PLEASE!!

Re: Wedding Dress Alterations

• Options
    Try yelp. After trying to use yelp to find stores the sell dresses new, I'd just search for "wedding dress." You'll get seamstresses that specialize in bridal alterations.
  • Options
    Ask your local as well.  I found my independent seamstress on my local, I loved her!
  • Options
    Thank you :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I ordered my gown to my exact measurements, so it fits perfectly. The color and material are perfect. I'm 6'1 ,also come in extra length, so it fits perfectly. as i got an absolutely amazing deal on the dress, way below budget so was really happy.thanks amy very helpful, the online shop did not charge additional fee for the special size.i will buy sephoraprom again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards