Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

David's Bridal Praise and Warning

Okay, this may have been brought up before but just a reminder for everyone - 12 weeks means 12 weeks. 
Backstory: My bridesmaids are my 2 sisters, his sister and step-sister. My parents had already bought my sisters' dresses and my future in-laws were going to get the other 2 dresses. Only problem? Step-sister has been studying abroad in Spain and JUST got back. Immediately went in to David's to try on the dress, only to find out that she was 2 days past the 12 week mark - meaning David's CANNOT put an order through. So yeah, long story short, 12 weeks literally means 84 days, fair warning. 
That being said, I have absolutely nothing against David's. They were incredibly helpful to me in finding rack dresses in the right color and sizes for my future sisters - calling 4 different states in the process. Great customer service. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal Praise and Warning

• Options
    I always have great service when I first GET there, but the actual dress shopping with a consultant was super annoying. I was not impressed.. but I love their prices so I won't complain too much ;)
  • Options
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    I feel a lot depends on the consultant you are working with. When we first got there the consultant helping me was rude, would not listen to me and did not understand what I was looking for at all. Yet, my friend knew another consultant and we requested to work with her, and she was the best, she understood exactly what I wanted, and I found my dream dress in less than 1 hour. Probably that goes for all bridal stores, it so much goes with the consultant and the effort they put in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_davids-bridal-praise-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:1aa11a65-933e-4aec-b6b3-d6ada4a98b9fPost:97bfe73f-c66f-499f-aaec-7cd3d5203f78">Re: David's Bridal Praise and Warning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always have great service when I first GET there, <strong>but the actual dress shopping with a consultant was super annoying. I was not impressed</strong>.. but I love their prices so I won't complain too much ;)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I went to David's for my first place to go dress shopping and tried on a bunch of dresses and the lady was nice but told me which dresses I should like on me and which ones looked bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a friend at work who got her dress and bridesmaid dresses there. She said when they first got there and tried everything on she couldn't believe how excellent the service was, but after they placed their order she said they were all treated horribly (During fittings, picking up dresses, etc.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards