Attire & Accessories Forum

wearing engagement and wedding rings together

I recently became engaged and my fiancé proposed to me with a gorgeous diamond solitaire engagment ring.  The jeweler from whom it was purchased strongly urges his clients not to wear their wedding band next to their engagement ring after marriage.  He says that the two rings rubbing against each other causes damage to the band and setting of the engagement ring.  He recommends instead wearing them on separate hands.  I personally have never seen someone do this - does anyone out there have any opinions on this?  I don't know how I feel about wearing the rings on different hands - yet I don't want to damage my beautiful ring or shorten its lifespan.  Help!!!

Re: wearing engagement and wedding rings together

• Can't you just sauter the rings together?  Then they wouldn't rub and I know a lot of people do that for comfort reasons anyway.
  • I will be wearing all 3 of my rings together (see siggy pic) and am having them soldered. 
    Anniversary
  • I do wear mine on separate hands, but only because I fell in love with two vastly different rings that can't be worn together. Sometimes I only wear my wedding band, but then I miss my engagement ring so I wear that on my other hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards