Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

what to wear under the dress?

I'm going for my first fitting soon and I'm curious to know what everyone is planning on wearing under their dress (bra, etc...). I didn't have anything on when I tried on my dress and now I'm wondering what would be best.

I know it can be a personal choice depending on what feels right, what type of body you have, what your dress is like but I'd love to hear any advice!
Thanks!

Re: what to wear under the dress?

• Options
    I literally wore my regular strapless bra and a pair of cotten panties...I didn't even wear spanx.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I read somewhere that you should wear what you plan on wearing on your wedding day (or something close to it) since some bras and other foundation garments change the way your body is shaped and you want the dress to look just right, right?

When I finally do the dress shopping, I'll be sure to bring my chosen foundation garments with me on my fittings.
  • Options
    I think it really depends on the dress, and what you are comfortable in. Once my dress arrived I was sure I would have to wear some sort of bustier or shaper. However once I tried it on, the dress has so much built in boning and shaping etc. the only thing I will need will be cups sewn in and undies! 
  • Options
    My dress does not have boning or shaping built in, so I'm investing in a beautiful white lace corset to give me a nice hourglass shape, and I'll probably get some matching underwear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards