Attire & Accessories Forum

What to look at when choosing a veil...

I observe this board a lot and I see whenever someone post the question of "What veil for this dress?" you all are ALWAYS right on point!

How do you know what to look for in a dress to know what type of veil would go with it perfectly? For example, if I have a dress with lots of beading, etc... you may want to go with a more simple veil ? Just wondering

Re: What to look at when choosing a veil...

• you really just need to try them on. my veil has the same beading on the edges thats on my dress. not all veil lengths work well on each person also.

some people do simple dress, simple veil. it just depends on style and what looks good.

do you have a picture of a dress you want to know about?
  • I usually look at silhouette, fabric, and embellishments to know what will work best.
  • Trying on a bunch helps. I didn't think I cared that much about the veil unt I tried on a few and realized I did! There aren't any solid rules; a lot depends on your dress and the look you are going for. And budget too. What does your dress look like?
  • My skirt is full and very decorated, but the top is very simple so i went for a veil that ends at my waist. That way it doesn't cover the skirt at all, or add extra fabric to it =)

i think a lot of it depends the particular dress, since every dress is diff... i would hesitate to talk in generalities.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • I wasn't really asking for my dress, I just wanted to be informed for the future! lol! But here is my dress...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards