Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

ivory and white

so im sompletely in love with this dress. and it comes in ivory and white. problem is I really want the groom and groomsmen to wear white tuxes. not a biig deal right? except the dress has all this beautiful beading thats like 2 shades darker than the dress(it really pops without looking out of place) but the beading is only like that if I get the dress in ivory. I thought about putting the guys in ivory tuxes but when i looked at them in the store they just looked like dirty white tuxes, it was gross looking. so what do I do? the dress is stil pretty in white....its just not as beautiful without the dark beading. should I settle for the white dress so I can have the white tuxes? Do I get the ivory dress and hope it dosent look bad with whit tuxes? do you think the ivory dress will look bad with white tuxes? help!!!!

Re: ivory and white

• Options
    I think it will be ok, but honestly, I think you should consider rethinking the tuxes being white.  Do a white shirt with a black or even charcoal tux.  white tuxes look very dated.
  • Options
    Don't settle if you don't love the dress in white.  My dress sounds very similar, and when I tried it on in white on white, the beading didn't pop and the dress lost its charm.  I got the ivory on champagne version, and the beading really sparkles.

PS - What kind of tux does FI want to wear?
  • Options
    I agree with not putting them in white tuxes- maybe just the  groom but.. its your wedding so I am not telling you what to do its just my opinion- you said when you looked at the store they looked like dirty white tuxes- ... check other strores?
  • Options
    On the plus side if you put them in black/gray/charcoal you can get your dress in any shade of white youw ant with out worrying about it clashing

Like PP said I'm not a fan of white tuxes.  With a white wedding gown I feel like it gets to be too much white.  I think it's always nice for the bride to be the one and only person in white :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_ivory-and-white-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1fbaa35e-4cd4-4b3b-8e92-099f8046f372Post:b4f601f7-d03c-4991-915c-0143eaaf8fc2">Re: ivory and white</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't settle if you don't love the dress in white.  My dress sounds very similar, and when I tried it on in white on white, the beading didn't pop and the dress lost its charm.  I got the ivory on champagne version, and the beading really sparkles. PS - What kind of tux does FI want to wear?
    Posted by punkyalicia[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI dosent really care. He basicly said what ever I want is fine, he wants me to be happy. He's mostly worried that the tux will make him look fat. hHe dosent like to dress up. But  Im pretty sure the only thing he spacifically wanted was red roses. And yes the Ivory tuxes in the store looked like the white ones only dirtyer. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards