July 2012 Weddings
Options

Omg....

So I had my scheduled conference call with my photographer last night to plan out the "itinerary" for the entire wedding day!!! A lot of decisions were made and it was exciting to see every detail down to the last hour!!!! OMG. I literally had that "wow this is seriously happening" moment!!! The only thing that stinks is that my venue will NOT let us arrive any earlier than one hour before the ceremony and we will be in center city hotel prior to going there....so we had to pick a place to get pics taken since theres no way she can get all of them in at the cocktail hour. Plus, I told her I didn't want to see FI before the ceremony....if I DID decide to see him, we could get a lot more pics done and then get some at the venue but not have to miss the whole cocktail hour. are you ladies doing the first look??? Now I feel kind of torn as to what to do!

Re: Omg....

• Options
    We're doing a first look. To us it's just as special, but in a different way, to see eachother before the ceremony. It'll be nice to have a bit of time before the wedding starts where it's just us (and our photographers) to really soak it all in. Plus, as you mentioned, we paid a lot for our cocktail hour and we want to enjoy it!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're not doing a first look. To me it wouldn't really matter but FI is dead set against seeing me or the dress before the wedding.  In fact he refuses to look at any wedding dresses in case it's the one I'll be wearing..
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    We are doing a first look and planning on getting most of our pics done before the ceremony. I think the first look is really special and we also don't want to miss our cocktail hour. Plus, I don't want to make our wedding party miss cocktail hour either. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Our venue let's us get there 3 hrs ahead of time so it would be a waste not to use that time.  We are doing a first look...As everyone has said the first look is special in it's own way and it's much more intimate AND I do love coktail hour!  It's usually my favorite part of a wedding so I would hate to miss my own. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    I want to do first look but my fi is against it.
  • Options
    My FI hasn't really said one way or another.  I really don't want a first look.  We are going to do some pictures before with our family and bridal party at separate locations.  My venue/caterer is bringing us a lot of the cocktail hour as well and we are having pictures at the venue.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not doing first look. But we are doing al pics that we don't have to both be in before the ceremony. So family and bridla party photos. Oh and our cocktail hour is actually an hour and a half so we should still get some of it. And we will have a waiter specifically for us who can bring us some of the food if we are missing it.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was completely against seeing FI before the wedding...then I realized, it's kind of nice to be able to gush over each other at the first look alone (or, with minimal people, anyway). I want to be able to tell him how handsome he is and give him hugs and kisses...obviously you can't do that right after walking down the aisle. I also think the photographer catches the emotion of both the bride and groom better when they do a first look.

Not to mention my photographer/uncle, my aunt, my cousin, etc were all trying to convince me to do a first look lol Honestly though, they didn't influence me at all. I came to the decision on my own (which made them all extremely happy!)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We're not doing a first look. I had barely explained the concept and FI was interrupting to say absolutely no! I kind of agree. I love the pictures and I see how it can be really special, but it's just not for us.

We're doing as many pictures as we can before the ceremony, whichever ones don't require us seeing each other. Then we have about an hour between ceremony and reception to get the group pictures and ones of FI and I. My photographer is freaking out a bit haha, she wants more time. But FI and I really don't want hundreds of posed photographs - I want more of a candid feel.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing the first look that isn't really a first look.  I have some examples on my Pinterest board:

http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-photo-ideas/

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We aren't doing a first look. But I don't want to miss the cocktail hour either. So we decided to do a photo shoot on a day after the wedding, which is really perfect because we have a location we wanted to take photos at that is a little further away. Our friend is our photographer and she loves the idea. I feel like it is the best solution for us.
  • Options
    We are staying traditional and not seeing each other until I'm walking down the aisle. I think it makes that moment all that more special. I'm not a fan of the first look idea in order just to get pictures done. I am pretty sad about missing cocktail hour, but spending it with my new husband and bridesmaids and family will be well worth it. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where the bride and groom were at cocktail hour.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards