Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Purchased a Dress and now having Second Thoughts!

So I have tried this dress on a few times and everytime I do, I get everyone at the bridal salon giving compliments, stopping what they are doing to say it looks great, my entrie family felt it was the one, but I am still so unsure. I just bought it because it was being discontinued and I bought the sample - thinking it would be great to save some money and also because if everyone else went out of their way to say how nice it was - maybe I would see it. But I feel like I made a mistake. I know most might say - you need to do what you want, its your day, you need to like it, but right now I am not really in the position to go buy another dress. So I took some photos - I am posting it, please give your opinion! Its a wedding at a 1800 Manor at 2 story barn - rustic. I have no ideas the colors I am going with, still trying to see what goes with the dress. The guys are wearing grey pants, white shirts, my fiance will have a grey vest - newsboy hat, etc and the other guys will have the grey pants, white shirts and suspenders. Casual, Country, Rustic. 

Don't hold back, I need your ladies honest opinions!

Re: Purchased a Dress and now having Second Thoughts!

• Options

This dres is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!  YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT..imo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's gorgeous!

Scroll down and see how many ladies have second thoughts after buying their gown.  Too many but they wind up happy with their choice.  After they doubt themselves to death ;)

Good luck!
  • Options
    It really is beautiful--and I can see it at a rustic wedding without being too fancy.  Is there something specific that you don't like about it that maybe you could change?  Because it seems to flatter you nicely and is a nice amount of glitz and glam without being too too fancy...I think you should stick with it and figure out what you need to make it "the one".
  • Options
    The dress is lovely, it fits you well, and -- as PPs have said -- I also think it would fit well with your theme/mood of rustic/country.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am just not sold with how it is around my torso - guess I pictured something totally different - lace or ruffles on top.  If I keep it I am cutting off the train so the front looks like the back.  Just don't know if I should keep looking or not.  I just cant see what others say they see.  Hoping it comes to me.
  • Options
    You bought it so stop looking :P
  • Options
    This is one of the other dresses I tried and thought fit the theme better, but all my attendee's who came with me liked the purchased one better - 

Hard to see this one in the photo, but I liked it..
    And the other one was this - and with a lacey veil looked very rustic I thought - bow and sash were ivory 

• Options
    It is beautiful on you! If you do not like the way it fits your torso, can it be altered so you will like the way it fits? (not that I think it needs it) Also, there are many looks that fit your theme, as you found those other three dresses. It doesn't mean that your dress is inappropriate, however.
  • Options
    I think it is so beautiful and classy--you couldn't have done much better! 

It is perfectly natural to have second thoughts on a big (and very important) purchase. But if your entire family thought it was perfect, and you loved it at the time, I think it is probably still the right choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You have a beautiful dress. I think it fits the theme, and looks great on you.

But, it really sounds like you're not happy. Sit back and focus on other things for a while. Hard, I know. Then come back to it with fresh eyes. Still don't see what everyone else sees? Then maybe it's just not your dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think this dress is absolutely beautiful on you. 
  • Options
    Here is another picture... 
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I think it's stunning on you, and absolutely fits your theme.  Like a PP said, maybe you should put it away for a week (or more), then try it on again after not thinking about it for awhile.  See if your opinion changes then.  The second time I put my own dress back on is when I got the "this is it" feeling.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    femme55femme55 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I think it looks really nice on you and works with your theme.  If you want to alter it to make it look more similar to the other dresses, you could have the straps removed and have the bust line altered into a more obvious sweetheart style.  Otherwise, the torso fit looks exactly the same to me as it does in the model pics of the other dresses.
  • Options
    Honestly I like the dress you have better and wouldn't change it at all.  Looks great on you and would go beautifully with your casual, country, rustic
  • Options
    definitely beautiful dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards