Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Maggie dress shipment distress!!

Okay so my bridal place emails me today to let me know the ETA of my Maggie dress.  It should ship May 26th and my wedding is June 12th!!!!!!  If I pay $80 to "rush" it then the shipment date changes to May 12th, which buys me 2 extra weeks....but that's just the ship date!!  How long does it take to arrive??  I am getting nervous, but I also know that there's a chance that it'll arrive before that, but there's NO way of knowing ahead of time..... :-(((

Has anybody else had a problem with getting theri Maggie dresses on time or any stories to share???

TIA

Re: Maggie dress shipment distress!!

• Options
    I ordered a Maggie dress for my September 2010 wedding.  I ordered it in November and my bridal place told me it would be 7 months before I get it.  Needless to say I haven't received it yet.  But the long wait did make me a little nervous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This has been happening for a while. My dress was supposed to arrive in April 2009 and it did not come in until the end of July 2009 for my September 2009 wedding. From what I was told, it's a result of the manufacturer being behind and not the dress shops, however, in your case I would pressure your dress shop to get it to you sooner. You really want to have it by the 6 week mark. So sorry you're dealing with this!
  • Options
    I wonder what kind of order they do.  Does the designer have to know when your wedding is?  This way maybe they can expedite who's dress gets done first.  There HAS to be some sort of method to this madness. If you are ordering your dress a year before your wedding, maybe they put you lower on the list or something.  The bridal place just told me that there's no way of knowing if it gets shipped sooner than the expected ship date that they are given from the designer ititially.  I'll have to ask them and find out some more info since I have to pay the rush fee by Friday. 
  • Options
    yeah I was told 3 months, not 7! And if it takes 7 that would be after my wedding... didn't even set a date til barely 6 months before!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am pretty peeved at Maggie right now.  It has taken 6 months to get a sample dress in for me to try on.  I couldn't find this dress within 3 states of me so the owner of the salon ordered the dress in my size and color so if it was the one I could take it right then.  My wedding is in June and it was ordered in August and still has not come in.  The owner of the salon has told them my delima and has called them every week.  The company keeps giving excuses oh we sold the one we had in the warehouse, oh it's still out of country, oh it should be here on this date and then when it's not it's another month.  I am waiting on buying another dress until I try this one on so I am really poed about it.  It should only take 4 months at the most.  Not half a year.
  • Options
    My dress was ordered at the end of August, was shipped December 22, and arrived December 30.  I think the delivery times depend on how many orders they have in - so if you're ordering now, it's going to take longer because so many girls are ordering their dresses for their May/June/July weddings.  I personally would pay the rush fee just because I wouldn't be comfortable with a ship date so close to my wedding, but that's entirely up to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    My salon has called them with me on the phone and it's the maggie distributor causing the long delivery time.  By the time the dress gets here it will be 7 months. 
  • Options

Great news!!!  I just found out that they were about to place my order as a rush when they found out that there was a dress that was "in process" that became available and will be shipped April 16th!!!  I'm not sure what all of that means, but I don't care as long as it gets here soonerLaughing.  I'm also thrilled to NOT have to pay the extra dinero to have it rushed.  Happy days!!!!!

• Options
    Most of the time when dresses are ordered, the distrubtor waits until there are several orders of one dress before beginning production.  That's why it can take longer than 3-4 months.  This might be a problem with the newer dresses because most people won't order them without trying them on, so they aren't getting as many orders for them.  They don't like to have to make only one dress as opposed to 5 of the same dress.  This is also why you should give your wedding date as about a month or two earlier, so they will have it for you in plenty of time and you don't have to worry about them waiting for other orders of your dress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards