Attire & Accessories Forum

Re: Veil with this dress?

• Options
    I'm sure I could.  I guess if I don't like it at leat it won't be too expensive.
  • Options
    Beautiful dress but I think you need a loner veil.
  • Options
    i meant longer veil.
  • Options
    I am wearing a birdcage veil with that dress. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
    84 Attendingimage
    66 Missing Outimage
    0 Not Repliedimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_veil-this-dress-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:258239ed-cd56-4db0-bbbe-e0bc7612a7cePost:21701708-df47-4acd-9fab-625df3cfb43f">Re: Veil with this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Grits, I love your dress. I tried it on and it was one of my favs. I think that veil would be pretty. But, <strong>I think I would think it went better if it didn't have that satin edge.</strong> I'm not sure why.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]
     I completely agree! Both the dress and veil are beautiful :)<div>
    </div><div>I think a long - I'm talking chapel lenght, long - veil would be gorgeous with that too, but I love the veil you picked also.</div>
  • Options
    I think that veil would look fine.  Actually, when I tried on veils my mother and I found that we preferred something with a slight edge like that to give it some definition.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I love the match !
  • Options
    This dress was one of my favorites as well!!  You will look beautiful!
  • Options
    Your dress is kind of similar to mine =)  I posted pics a couple days ago....

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_dress-here-pics

At the store, I had tried on an elbow length veil with a beaded edge (1 tier) that looked so pretty i thought. then the saleslady chose a fingertip length one with bead/pearl edge (1 tier) and it was SO MUCH PRETTIER.  The difference in the length was huge.  with the longer veil, you could see through it to all the sparkle on the back and sides of my dress --- which it looks like you have good details on the back of yours too.
    even better -- the longer veil was on sale for $49. WIN!

As for your satin veil - i like it, but perhaps 1 tier might work better so that it matches the 'lightness' of your dress? also try something with a tiny bit of sparkle instead of satin. it might soften the look even more and draw more attention to your dress and overall look instead of the veil itself.
    of course if you LOVE the satin one - then do it! =)
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I will look at longer veils and see how I like them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_veil-this-dress-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:258239ed-cd56-4db0-bbbe-e0bc7612a7cePost:69175847-3caf-457e-bbec-9aa142789d26">Re: Veil with this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your dress is kind of similar to mine =)  I posted pics a couple days ago.... <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_dress-here-pics" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_dress-here-pics</a> At the store, I had tried on an elbow length veil with a beaded edge (1 tier) that looked so pretty i thought. then the saleslady chose a fingertip length one with bead/pearl edge (1 tier) and it was SO MUCH PRETTIER.  The difference in the length was huge.  with the longer veil, you could see through it to all the sparkle on the back and sides of my dress --- which it looks like you have good details on the back of yours too. even better -- the longer veil was on sale for $49. WIN! As for your satin veil - i like it, but perhaps 1 tier might work better so that it matches the 'lightness' of your dress? also try something with a tiny bit of sparkle instead of satin. it might soften the look even more and draw more attention to your dress and overall look instead of the veil itself. of course if you LOVE the satin one - then do it! =)
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Do you think a fingertip veil would look ok with my dress?  My whole life I wanted a long veil and a long dress.  Well my dress isn't long, so I guess I figured a long veil wouldn't be best.

</div>
  • Options
    you really won't know til you try it.  since your dress is a similar shape/length to mine, it seems like it would work well since thats what i ended up with. =)

i'd try on one of everything if you can. it's pretty easy to see what goes and what doesn't. i tried on a variety of lengths and tiers. we were quick to decide on 1 tier. from there we chose length and beaded trim.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards