Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tell me about/show me your shoes

I had a pair that I was going to wear which was also going to doube as my "something old" however, I let a friend borrow them and she told me that the strap broke in the back where it goes around your heel.  She said they were still wearable, but just as slip ons.  I don't know if I feel safe walking in those down the aisle and dancing in them... plus I need shoes within two weeks because I am going to my first appointment with my seamstress and the shoes are an hour and a half away. 

I am considering getting new shoes.  Where should I look?  Is anyone wearing flip flops with rhinestones?  Thanks!

Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes

• Options
    These are my shoes! I love them :)

I personally am not a fan of the flip flop wearing bride... I'd suggest looking on Amazon or 6pm.com, both have great prices and could get your heels there in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here are mine.  I got them at Off Broadway Shoes. Not  a great pic, but there's sparkly's on one side of each shoe.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Colorifics "Maya". I found them on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of what our local bridal store wanted for them. They're really quite comfy! And the back gives me good support which is important to me. I also bought "I DO" blue rhinestone stickers for the bottom of the shoes for a cute something blue touch.

• Options
    Oh those I do stickers are very cute!
  • Options
    Shaina, I got them off of Ebay for $6. I thought it was a cute touch!
  • Options
    I just got an email that Shoe Dazzle (online store) is having a sale.
    Anniversary
  • Options

These are my shoes! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    These are mine. I went through a few pairs, but this is my shoe. I ordered them Monday and got them yesterday in time for my first fitting!!
    They are ALOT more comfortable than the pair I thought was "the one."
    I also have a pair of pink flip flops (from Old Navy) that I decorated with rhinestones that I will be bringing just in case!!

I am also adding the "I Do" stickers to the bottom of my shoes, although I just went to Michael's & got glittery stickers there. Very inexpensive!!  The shoes... not to much. Lol.

• Options
    these are mine. Badgley Mischka.  They are fabulous.  I plan on wearing these the whole time unless I break an ankle or something...

• Options
    edited June 2012
    These are my babies! I love them! They are pretty and girly. They are much taller then I originally wanted but I just couldn't find any others that I liked as much. I'm going to have a lace stem wrap on my bouquet to match. =) Some places I looked are endless.com, zappos.com, dsw.com, davidsbridal.com, nordstrom.com
  • Options
    I'm considering these!! I was a ballet dancer for 15+ years so they fit my personality, and also my comfort level :)

• Options
    KimbyKKimbyK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    http://shop.guess.com/Catalog/View/GWNANCILLE

I got them in white - which is available in stores. And on sale too!

Then I got clear I Do rhinestone shoe stickers from etsy
  • Options
    KimbyKKimbyK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I would not recommend wearing broken shoes. That shoulds like an accident waiting to happen, you do not want to trip or fall going down the isle!
  • Options
    I love dsw.com...free shipping on orders over $50!  And they send coupons all the time!  Here's a $5 off code: 483308600507

Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tell-me-aboutshow-me-your-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:2974816b-651e-4b6e-bf10-b4fd1df326e9Post:9fdab587-baf4-48d4-8542-26a31953c70f">Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are my shoes! I love them :) I personally am not a fan of the flip flop wearing bride... I'd suggest looking on Amazon or 6pm.com, both have great prices and could get your heels there in 2 weeks.
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>These are so cute!!!!  Where did you find them???  Do you know if they come in red???</div>
  • Options
    Mine were Style&Co from Macy's. They were super comfy, and I've worn them several times since. I also did the "I Do" stickers on the bottom. They were super frivolous and unnecessary, but cute (Please excuse how dirty my shoes are, that was after our outdoor ceremony)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tell-me-aboutshow-me-your-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:2974816b-651e-4b6e-bf10-b4fd1df326e9Post:c968237e-2089-4a67-804f-607b3b883a02">Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are my babies! I love them! They are pretty and girly. They are much taller then I originally wanted but I just couldn't find any others that I liked as much. I'm going to have a lace stem wrap on my bouquet to match. =) Some places I looked are endless.com, zappos.com, dsw.com, davidsbridal.com, nordstrom.com
    Posted by AngelaBaker87[/QUOTE]

These are my shoes as well Angela!! I love them, I ordered them online from Amazon, and when they came in I was ecstatic.  Are you wearing a lace dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Badgley Mischka - Burke in "Smoke"

They are SO comfy and the champagne rhinestones match my chocolate diamond jewelry.  

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tell-me-aboutshow-me-your-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:2974816b-651e-4b6e-bf10-b4fd1df326e9Post:b6c95af3-a694-4df6-b947-86fbe3e857ca">Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Badgley Mischka - Burke in "Smoke" They are SO comfy and the champagne rhinestones match my chocolate diamond jewelry.  
    Posted by timsflower81[/QUOTE]

I love these ~ I wish they came in a color I could use...I cannot wear high heels the day of because I will be so uncomfortable and clutzy dancing. I cannot find any lower heeled shoes (like less than 3 inches) that I like. I've sent 2 pairs back so far, sigh...the search continues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but these are my shoes (with one of our cats making faces in the back, lol.) 
    I'm not the heel wearing type, I have perma-tanline from wearing socks and sneakers all the time, and utterly hate flats (I have tried for years to get over that, just not gonna happen!) I absolutely love my shoes- they're sparkly and shiny and have lace shoelaces! 

My shoes are for me- I mean, my dress and veil are beautiful and I love them too but I am also going to enjoy the fact that because my dress is a floor-length ballgown, I can wear the shoes that are really me without anyone seeing. It won't "ruin the look" or cause anyone to faint in church; at the end of the day, I'll be just as married and just as happy for having not made myself uncomfortable or bought shoes I'd never wear again (already doing that with the dress and veil!)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    phaatphaat member
    First Comment
    Wedding dress is a one time thing.  Wedding shoes, however, will be worn many times over.  And I love all things sparkly lol.

• Options

I'm wearing low heels as my FI is the same height as me but no way am I wearing flip flops.  I LOVE these shoes.  Vince Camuto.  Can't wait to wear them for and after the wedding.

• Options
    to the girls with the pretty lace bow heels...
    who makes them!?
    I have an invory lace dress and i think those are so cute!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Got these on clearance and had them dyed. Mom attached a new brooch to the front, haven't taken a picture of that yet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tell-me-aboutshow-me-your-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:2974816b-651e-4b6e-bf10-b4fd1df326e9Post:896c9260-a7b5-4fb1-852a-fe48a0c1e29b">Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]to the girls with the pretty lace bow heels... who makes them!? I have an invory lace dress and i think those are so cute!
    Posted by firewaterx[/QUOTE]

Hi! The lace bow heels are Chinese Laundry-Hotline Pump. they are under $100, depends where you find them. They come in ivory, a pinky nude colour and black. I tried mine on with my lace dress and love the look. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_tell-me-aboutshow-me-your-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:2974816b-651e-4b6e-bf10-b4fd1df326e9Post:874f5232-4fac-4350-98d3-956bd4cf0733">Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about/show me your shoes : These are so cute!!!!  Where did you find them???  Do you know if they come in red???
    Posted by sherieg[/QUOTE]

They're Martinez Valero Zoie, they're about a year old from Nordstrom.com.  I don't believe that they came in red but that brand has great shoes in the same style with awesome bling accents, I would keep an eye out :) 

Also, they were on DSW for HALF the price I paid for them, but I chickened out, then when I decided they were<em> the ones</em> I had to pay more to get them at Nordstrom, because that was the only site that had them left! :(  Sigh, learn from my mistakes, LOL.
  • Options
    thanks for the response!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards