Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Rant- OMG

So I ignored the advice of my friends who had delt with Wendys bridal in Cincinnati in the past, or had alteration issues with them and bought my dress/bridesmaid dresses there.  Yesterday they called me to inform me that "They didnt order my bridesmaid dress, and if I want to get it in time I need to pay them $60 rush shipping" ARE YOU EFFIN SERIOUS! I personally face to face told them that my last bridesmaid would be getting her dress in New york and not there. That was their excuse for not ordering it. I reitterated that I told them. She said (the manager) that I didnt say that, and she wouldnt have made a mistake like that.

Needless to say I am flabbergasted at her (Ann) attitude and snobbishness. She said the most that she would do is split the cost of rush shipping with me. Its not about the money, its only $30, its the fact that SHE didnt order my dress, sooo why do I have to pay for their screwup. I even offered to bring up my Bridesmaid that was with me at the time getting her dress that heard me tell her. Her response" well of course she would say that, shes your friend."

I WANT TO SCREAM!!!! Then to boot, I slipped and said "are you "F"ing serious. She said," I dont need to listen to this from someone like you" and hung up the phone. OMG!! I have bought 4 bridesmaid dresses there from past weddings and my wedding dress from there, always been super friendly and nice. And she says "someone like me" WHT does that mean? Then hangs up.

I mean, what the heck should I do? Im going to file with the BBB but how would you handle this situation?

Re: Rant- OMG

• Options
    I would cancel the order, and go to another store.  You will probably still have to pay the rush fee, but at least you won't be paying it to that particular store.  If you're really that upset with them, take away your business.  That is the strongest way of getting your point across that what they did was wrong. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_rant-omg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:2a627dc1-7467-4feb-9ec0-ac0b7492249dPost:039359e8-857a-44e0-bf5d-271d3895b5ec">Re: Rant- OMG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would cancel the order, and go to another store.  You will probably still have to pay the rush fee, but at least you won't be paying it to that particular store.  If you're really that upset with them, take away your business.  That is the strongest way of getting your point across that what they did was wrong. 
    Posted by swim1011[/QUOTE]

Amen sister!!! Amen!
    A love like this doesn't happen but once in a lifetime and I'm so happy that it happened in mine. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cancel the order. Tell them you are not responsible for THEIR FAILURE TO ORDER THE DRESS ON TIME AND THEREFORE ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO BUSINESS.  You are entitled to the dress you want, in the color you want, in the size you want, when you want it.  And if they can't do that like a normal retail store, then goodbye.

Go to another store. Report their horrible service to the BBB AND go to projecwedding.com and tell your story there.

Bridal shops that scam people and have horrible service are right up there with the dirty/shady banks that need to fail in this economy. Hopefully it will help other brides stay away from that horrible shop.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I'd take my business away and then write all sorts of bad reviews.  It may not save you money since you'll probably have to rush orders elsewhere, but sometimes if you explain what happened, another shop might be willing to give you a discount to earn your business.
  • Options

^I agree...take away your business and never go back... Negative publicity is more effective than positive, so any place you can, give bad reviews and tell others about your horrid experience!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, that's unreal. Agree with other PPs to report her and write reviews. Then go somewhere else, the extra rush fee is worth not heaving to deal with her.

I do feel the need to add here that sometimes horrible reviews are spot on, but you always have to take them with a grain of salt. The alterations lady I went to had really bad reviews online, people called her all kinds of names, andwhen I went she was sweet and extremely helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
  • Options

Take the business elsewhere and RUN... it is not worth the stress of wondering if this time even with teh extra money provided if she really ordered you dresses. What happens if she does rush order and the dresses come back and they are completly wrong and you need to have major alterations meaning more $$.

I totally agree with the repoting also. And when you write the reviews be very specific with what was negative and horrible. That way people know that ordering is a red flag area but selection of dresses is alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards