Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I pushed the date back, but I already found a dress....

My fiance and I have decided to push the wedding back a whole year. This means I have two years until my wedding date. The thing is, I have already gone dress shopping and I feel in love with a dress. I am worried that if I go ahead and order it something will happen in the next two years, I what if I dont like it? It would be awesome to spread the expences out, but I am worried.

So my question is, has anyone picked their dress so far out? Did you still love it on the day?

Re: I pushed the date back, but I already found a dress....

• Options
    I would hold off on getting it, since it'll be a little older sometime in the next couple of years and you might be able to find a used version.
  • Options
    I did this and now I have three dresses because I kept falling for different styles, and this all happened this year. I would wait. You will change your mind over that long of a period and new styles are always coming out.
  • Options
    Definitely wait.  Even if it does get discontinued, chances are very good that you can find it used, or find something else very similar.  In two years, you might also find your formality or theme totally changing, and you could end up with a dress that no longer goes with any of your other plans.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My best friend bought the dress she fell in love with, two years before she got married.  She bought a second dress four months before the wedding.  The original dress is still sitting in her closet with tags three years later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would get it :o) I got my dress a year in a half in advance haha :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards