Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can't decide on dress!!!

I have narrowed my wedding dress search down to two dresses. I am so torn on which one to choose! They are completely different. I don't have a picture of me in them due to bridal boutique rules but below are the links to the pictures.

First one is an Alvina Valenta 

Second is an Augusta Jones- Bobbi

-1&src=par&keep=-1" rel="nofollow">http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/augusta-jones/bobbi?ctx=-1:-1:-1:-1&src=par&keep=-1

I fell in love with the Alvina Valenta first (the picture doesn't really do the dress justice), but then went to another bridal boutique and found the Augusta Jones. The Augusta jones is about $1500 less (including the veils I picked out) but I don't want to base my decision off of price. Another hard decision is that I had two different groups with me for each dress. My sister and friend saw me in the Alvina Valenta and my mother and FMIL saw me in the Augusta Jones.

What do you guys think?!

Re: Can't decide on dress!!!

• Options
    I think a lot of answers would be based on personal preference because we can't see you in the dresses. Where is your reception at? What kind of "feel" does your wedding have? 
    You're right, they're different, so knowing the overall style of your wedding might help. 
    Personally (without any of that info) I would chose the Bobbi and add a beaded belt. They're both beautiful though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the 2nd one MUCH more.  But, that's just my opinion.  How do you feel in each of them?  I would say IF you like & feel the same about both, go for the lower priced one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The first one has a sort of relaxed elegance to it.  I love the lace and the the broach on satin belt.  It's gorgeous.  The second one (bobbi) seems a lot heavier and more like a "nice dress" as compared to the first one.  Just my opinion.  Go with the one you love the best! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Alvina Valenta, but dresses can look so different in person than in designer photos. How do you feel in each of them? Like a bride? Like a million bucks? Like you'd always regret passing one up?
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions! I feel like a bride in both of them. The Augusta Jones is the one that is freshest in my head soI feel I am leaning towards that. I also feel that maybe it would photograph better because its more to looks at overall than just the details of the Alvina Valenta. My wedding is a semi formal evening wedding at a historic church in Charleston, SC and the reception is at a historic home. The whole evening is going to have a sophisticated elegance feel to it. I like the idea that I can add to the Augusta Jones with the belt and broach to give it a little more than just the white dress. 

The Augusta Jones is also in Charleston. The Alvina Valenta is in Florida (where I currently live). The nice thing about the Augusta Jones dress is that it is cheaper, and in Charleston so I don't have to worry about transporting it and getting someone else to re-press it. But I fell in love with the lace and broach on the first one... Decisions!!! 
  • Options
    I like them both. The first one is a little more elegant, the second a little more showy and very in style right now. 

I think you could  add a jeweled or beaded belt to dress two and see how you feel about that
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto opal, I was definitely underwhelmed by the first dress.  The lace is pretty, but I think anyone not right next to you wouldn't be able to see it, so it would just look plain. 
    I love the second dress. 

And I'm sorry, I know you want to love the dress, but $1500 is a HUGE difference in price.  Just think of all the things you could use that $1500 for.  And honestly, I couldn't even imagine paying $1500 for that first dress, and if thats only the price difference I can't imagine what it actually costs. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really like the first one!! The second was has been real popular and dresses similar to it have been seen a lot lately!
  • Options
    yes the first one is very elegant and better for i think a lower key place to have a wedding, but if ur venue is bigger (more grand) then the 2nd one is gorgeous! The neckline is gorgeous and the rouching is awesome. The back is a littlle poofy, but if it looks good on your body go for it. If you are really little I think the first one would let you stand out more and no the dress GoodLuck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Opal speaks the truth:  the first one is underwhelming.  Combined with the price point and the 2nd one being more interesting, I'd go with Bobbi for sure!
  • Options
    I really like the Alvina dress. . . it is classy and sophisticated; very elegant.  I think it is one of those dresses that will come across as timeless in photographs (which I think is highly difficult to acheive these days).
  • Options
    I like the second one!  It's more current and more unique.  The first one is very "ho hum" to me. 

Although, I'm not a lace or bling fan and very much like when the structural details of the dress speak for themselves. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I vote #2 mainly because you have an evening semi-formal wedding and it seems more like that type of dress. I like both, but neither as jumping out at me. The price difference seems huge to me, but I agree that if you can afford it, don't let that affect you.
  • Options
    #2 - reminds me of mine haha ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards