Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Day 2 Win a Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!

Hey Knotties,
   It is day 2 of your chance to win! Still want your fiance to look his absolute best on your wedding day? Then enter for another chance  to win a Men's Wearhouse tux rental! By answering the questions below, you are automatically entered to win. We will be picking one person at random. Watch out for giveaways all week long! Want to know how involved other grooms are in wedding planning? Then watch out for a Ricki Lake episode coming in October featuring the topic!

How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning?

What is his number one must have item for the wedding?

Offical Rules
Photobucket

Re: Day 2 Win a Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!

• Options
    He's very involved and wants to be apart of all wedding-related decisions. Since we're paying for this wedding ourselves, it only makes sense that we split the costs - hence the reason for his peaked involvement... and of course, because he cares!

Good food and lots o' drinks for all guests to enjoy themselves. He's very big on the fact that this is a party that celebrates us, so the food and drinks must be up to par.
  • Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? My fianc is very involved, all the way down to the flowers, colors, invitations and all. We are also a couple who are paying for the wedding ourselves and we both are only wanting to have to get married once so we wanna make it BOTH of our dream weddings combined! What is his number one must have item for the wedding? 1 is a great looking tux...he/we have been hunting the best looking ones down all the way to a specific pattern he feels will bring out his good looks lol. It's almost as tedious as picking out my own dress! But we are still looking so I hope luck is on our side!!
    September 22, 2013 I finally say I DO!!
  • Options
    How Involved?
    My Fiance is very involved!  He is wants to definitley be a part of the bigger decisions and surprisingly some small.  He has been looking at venues and ceremony locations, calling up vendors to get pricing and even looking at different poses for engagement photos! We are paying for the wedding ourselves and our parents are chipping in where they can but he is the best!

Must have item?
    My fiance wants everything to be centrally located.  He wants to have the ceremony, reception and afterparty all either at the same location or within walking distance! He wants to ensure that there is no drinking and driving!
  • Options
    My fianc is very involved in our weddi ng planning. He wants to have his opinion matter almost as much as mine ha! and I wouldn't have it any other way! : His must have item is great food for all! Lol
  • Options
    He helped select our venues and the caterer which is really all we've done so far. Truthfully, I think his mentality is "Happy Wife = Happy Life."

He wants full control over the cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance has been involved in the planning of our wedding every step of the way. Although I'm predominately the one who seeks out ideas and is finding the vendors, he has been wonderful with sharing his thoughts and opinions with me. His top priority is that I get the day of my dreams, but it means a lot to me for him to have his say as well. We've interviewed all of our vendors together, sat down and picked out invitation styles we both like, and I made sure to find out what dress styles he does (and more importantly, does not) like before I chose mine. 

The number one "must have" for our wedding wasn't an item, but the people we chose to be closesly involved in our day. My brother and his brother-in-law are two of his groomsmen, and his sister is one of my bridesmaids. It was very important to both of us to include our families in the wedding party. He also came up with the idea to have our officiant be his brother-in-law's father, who also married his sister and brother-in-law! 
  • Options

I pretty much picked everything. He's fine with that.

Cupcakes! 
  • Options

Brian has been great with the planning.  He chose our venue, helped pick out every detail from the invitations down to the table linens, and let me use my favorite color scheme for the wedding without a hassle.

Brian really wanted to do something special to end the night.  To accommodate that, we are using a firetruck as a get-away car!
  • Options
    how involved in your fiance in the wedding planning?
    Anthony is not very involved and I have to say I am totally fine with it! He came and picked the venue with me and that is as much as he wants to do. He has told me several times that it is my day whatever I want I should get :) 

The number thing that Anthony says we must have is lots of drinking as well as make sure that his daughter is involved(which was something that I did not need him to tel me) 
  • Options
    Very Involved! He has helped me pick everything so far! (Except the dress!)

Filet mignon and lobster tail as our meal! :)
  • Options
    My fianc has been very involved! He even picked out our gorgeous invitations that everyone keeps complimenting. I think the most important thing for him is the music! He's enjoying picking out songs for the cocktail hour and ceremony.
  • Options
    My fiancee is involved in the wedding planning process, and I make sure to include him in my decisions.  The small details like table decorations and flowers do not matter so much to him as the DJ and transportation.  And the honeymoon, of course!  But I do care about his input and ideas.

The one thing that my fiancee must have at our wedding is his friends!  He doesn't care too much about all the rest, but he definitely wants our wedding to be a big party.  And it wouldn't be one without his friends.  So I am excited about the next 10 months leading up to our wedding day!
  • Options
    He's pretty involved. He helped me pick out our colors (since I was really stressing out!) He has helped me with the guest list. Plus, he's helped me make a list of the most important things that we want at our wedding. I'd say he's been more involved than most guys would want to be, but he's also letting me make a lot of the decisions because, "I know that you've been looking forward to this day since you were a little girl. I'll be fine with any decisions that you make." Isn't he sweet!

His number one must have is to have the wedding be in his mom's backyard. He grew up there, we shared our first kiss back there, and had unforgettable nights on the trampoline looking up at the stars. This is the place that we fell in love, and this is the place where he wants to become my husband. I can't complain :)
  • Options
    My fianc is super involved in the wedding planning. He helped me research places to have it and went with me to look. He even helped me go through bridesmaid dresses online and narrow down the ones that we liked. His number one must have item is our open bar!! We both want to have a big party to celebrate our special day and have an open bar for our guests.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    He played a huge part in picking the venue and photographer. Other than those HUGE things, he is involved in that he gives his opinion on things when I ask and tells me when things don't matter to him (like what the programs look like). He's also a helper when it comes to the arts and crafts of it all.
    His must have it that all of our friends have the best time possible and to make it a wedding to remember!
  • Options
     My wonderful fiance has been involved in wedding planning since day 1, 100%. He has helped me call venues, has gone to wedding shows with me and has been open to any ideas I have. He has made this planning process easier! He has been such a great supporter, I can't imagine doing these choices all on my own. He has truly kept me in peace by being there when I need help. 

His number one must have item is me lol. Wouldn't be a wedding with out a bride right lol. He makes me laugh lol. He mentioned it would be the location it self. He wants something beautiful and memorable for both us. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_day-2-win-a-tuxedo-rental-from-mens-wearhouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:38afb711-5a27-4b9b-a65c-72c5f8e67652Post:216c3f8c-a60b-4a9e-a9a6-f5b1f6fbf9f0">Day 2 Win a Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Knotties,    It is day 2 of your chance to win! Still want your fiance to look his absolute best on your wedding day? Then enter for another chance  to win a Men's Wearhouse tux rental! By answering the questions below, you are automatically entered to win. We will be picking one person at random. Watch out for giveaways all week long! Want to know how involved other grooms are in wedding planning? Then watch out for a Ricki Lake episode coming in October featuring the topic! How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Offical Rules
    Posted by Knot Lili[/QUOTE]

1. My fiance is moderately involved. When I actively ask him, "HEY! What do you think about this?" OR "Should we do ____________ rather than ________________?" he's very responsive. As far as picking up and doing things on his own...I don't think he would know where to begin.

2. His number one must-have is our first dance song. It's a Red Hot Chilli Peppers tune and they are his favorite band. It might be a little non-traditional...and perhaps I would prefer a lighter, jazzier tune, but I want him to feel like it's his special day, too.
  • Options
    He wants to be involved with a lot of the negotiating of the prices in vendors. Other than that, I'm free to chose whatever, and just to run it by him so he likes an idea, as well. He does not really have a must have. Just good food and a good time!!
  • Options
    Honestly, I'd say he's about 30 involved. The most important thing for him is to have his mom sing for us at our wedding: she has a beautiful voice! 2nd most important would be plenty of drinks to celebrate!
  • Options
    How involved?...Mmmm I'd say semiinvolved which is fine with me, we've only begun looking for venues, so I make appts and he drives us there, I tell him my color/theme ideas and he gives me his opinion on it promptly forgets we had a discussion about it lol 1 must have? I'd say friends and family of course, he can't wait to celebrate with everybody!!!!
  • Options
    My fiance is involved part time. I ask "babe what do you think?" or "babe what color?" and he responds uhh huh or ok whatever you like. But when I start mentioned prices he is at full attention since we are paying for the wedding ourselves.

I think his must have for the wedding is his Lakers groomscake and all his childhood and college buddies all together.
  • Options
    My fianc is extremely involved, we discuss every element of our wedding and plan everything out together. His one must have a camo vests. So I have to have green as one of my wedding colors.
    -Aims :)
  • Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? Matt is very involved with everything except flowers and my dress. He is stylish and has great taste, so he has opinions about menswear, venue, music...even our registry. It's been fantastic planning so far. What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Fantastic music. I knew just to let him and his brother go to town with music selection for the reception...they both love to dance, so I know it will be great.
  • Options
    My fiance is involved with everything we do.. as far as his number one thing would be .. I guess would be for his business to be able to afford our one day wedding..
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    He's suprisingly very involved, he's in charge of certain things, I even left him in full control of picking the DJ risky leaving wedding aspects in a man's hands, I know but whatever I need help with he's all for helping me. He's pretty excited.

Aside from me, a FOOTBALL to put my garter around to throw for the garter toss!
  • Options
    How involved is your fiance in the wedding planning?
      He is involved in the stuff that is important like wedding vows, venue and reception hall. All the other stuff, it's my choice but he agrees or disagrees on them. :)

What is the number one must have item for the wedding?
     I would not put an item over the #1 must have at our wedding. The number 1 must have is my future husband, without him, I would not be getting married. We have been together for over 8 years and am still in love with him like we first met. :) If we get married in blue jeans and t-shirt, thats fine. Just as long as we have each other.
  • Options

He is really involved, since it is "our" wedding.  

Chocolate cake
  • Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? I have been a very indecisive bride, so when I've narrowed things down to a few different options, has been great in helping to make the final choice.

What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Great food!!!
  • Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? My Fianc is very involved in the wedding process. He has been at every appointment and been very supportive through the whole process. What is his number one must have item for the wedding? My number one must have item is my Fianc! As long as he is there, nothing else matters.
  • Options
    My fianc is surprisingly involved in all the details. We are both pretty simple. We know we want a huge party in Vegas. His "must have" is making the song list. I'm all for it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards