Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Day 2 Win a Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!

Re: Day 2 Win a Tuxedo Rental from Men's Wearhouse!

• Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? I always asked him his opinion but most of the time he was good with whatever i wanted. What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Believe it or not he had to have a bride and groom cake topper!
  • Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning?
    He is involved with all decisions, but he ultimately wants me to have the best and happiest day.

What is his number one must have item for the wedding?
    Besides having our wedding on a Saturday, his number 1 item is a premium open bar!

It's going to be a party! I can't wait :)
  • Options
    My fianc wants to be a part of every decision but he is letting me make most choices. His number one thing for our wedding is the music. He had to have a bagpiper!!
  • Options
    Blake has pretty much let me run things but the wedding favors were all him. He planned, designed and has taken care of all of them. Oh and he's definitly been involved in choosing the cake flavors and the reception food!

A happy bride! He's been through this before but it's my first time. He just wants our day to be perfect for me.
  • Options
    My fiance is pretty involved in the wedding planning. He has helped make all the big decisions so far (date, venue, photographer), but he definitely won't be involved in making decisions about all the small details.

My fiance's number one must have for the wedding is a good tuxedo, so he can try to look as great as I'm going to look on the wedding day!
  • Options

My fiance is VERY involved. Before we even got engaged and we would talk about getting married he would tell me what he envisioned for us. He is right there with me in throwing out ideas and wants to know what I'm thinking about everything from my bridesmaids to the flowers. He even has been in contact with a wedding planner and has set-up appointments to look at venues. To say that this is his "baby" as much as it is mine is an understatement!

His number one must have is definitely his tux. He has the color, style, and fit picked out already! He wants to look good on our big day! He also has said numerous times that all that really matters and all he really wants is for me to be there. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    He is planning the reception and the honeymoon. He is a cook so his must have is good food and good cheese.
  • Options

He has been there every step of the way. If he knows it is something I am really into he just lets me make the decision. He plays the "whatever keeps her happy" role. He has handled all the church arrangements, drinks, and addresses!

He likes to say that as long as I am there, nothing else matters....I guess his number one item would have to be me, but I really think it's the beer :) 

• Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? Very involved. We're paying for it ourselves so we've worked together on everything except for my gown and the bridesmaid dresses. What is his number one must have item for the wedding? He had to have a venue that offered beef short ribs for an entree!
  • Options
    My fiance is great! He is in charge of all the music! He has also been to every appointment we have had, giving his opinion only when needed! Lol All he requires is that I am happy and our parentsmine married 45 years, his52 years are there to share it with us. Although we are having a huge 300 wedding! He is the best fiance! Can't wait to be his wife!
  • Options
    My fiancee is as involved as most fiancees I would say:) he likes to kniow what is going on and definitely helps me with final decisions after I've narrowed down the options.

He is a chef so his must have item at the wedding is definitely yummy food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He has been amazing during the entire planning process! I basically tell him what I'm working on, he contributes ideas or recommendations. He attendds bridal shows with me and he loves the food and cake samples! :D

His home brew. He is a hobby home beer brewer and is working on a custom wedding brew. We used one of his brew's for our custom save-the-dates. Though we won't be able to have it at the wedding reception, we'll definitely have a fresh batch ready for our rehearsal dinner! 
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Extremely!  He is interested in every decision and has gone to every meeting as well as find potential vendors!

Amazing food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How involved?
    Not too much. He will give me his honest opinion if I ask and will help with big decisions like vendors, but other than that he doesn't show much interest.

His number one item?
    His only request is that he has his whole family there and even though we've been struggling with the budget I refuse to let him cut anyone from his family.
  • Options
    He is completely 100% involved, minus wedding dress shopping. He's been so on top of everything else. We've gone to wedding shows together. He is coordinating all the cake tastings. He has gone as far as to send all his sisters (5 of them) facebook messages telling them the wedding isn't about them or their "pinterest" accounts. On one occassion, he has stepped in to tell a bridesmaid, "This is not your wedding. You need to stop asking when am I going to get my hair and make up done, but rather ask when will she (as in me) get her hair and make up down". He has definitely been a really big part of stress relief and triaging problems so I don't have to.

The cake. Funny thing is, I walked into wedding planning with the notion that we would be too busy to remember what the cake tasted like, this was maybe week 1 of our engagement. He has since taken over the cake, booked our honeymoon and making major decisions.
  • Options

VERY. He wants to know and have input on every last detail! And MY, is he opinionated! lol.. There are certain things that I thought he wouldn't care about, like whether we went with cut or potted flowers for the centerpieces, but he DOES! Some brides might find that frustrating, but I love it! I'm glad that he cares so much about our special day

He wants good weather and GREAT food.... that's my guy!
  • Options
    My fiance is very involved in the wedding planning! He wants to be included in the decision making and has been very helpful, especially since I can be very indecisive.
    A band!!
  • Options
    How involved is your fiance in the wedding planning?
    He's extremely involved. We made all the selections from food to music to venue together. We discuss every detail.

His bride in a strapless gown that flows. He even dog eared bridal magazines with dresses he's hoping to see me in.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • Options
    David is very good at following directions.  "I want you to call this person and find out these things."  He follows it to the T - it's that math professor in him, I'm sure.  The other ways he's involved is that he's always wanting to know what my mother and I have chosen and "Well, by golly - why can't I wear a white suit with wide lapels like my dad?!" We're hoping he's sarcastic.  All this said, David is along the way for the majority of our activites, checking out venues, exploring other wedding for ideas... we're all very excited!!

He absolutely MUST have a dance.  Our first date, he taught me how to waltz.  We've been dancing together ever since.  We've taught our church swing dance classes, gone to Big Band concerts to swing, and have bothered many a d.j. for specific songs to dance to that haven't been current in more than 60 years.
    We absolutely HAVE to have our first waltz to celebrate yet another moment in our life - from dating to marriage!  When people say "You could save a lot of money not doing a dance." He says "No.  It's worth it."
  • Options

My fiance is pretty involved. He is always giving me his opinion when I ask and helps me make decisions. But I have to make sure I don't overload him lol then I just grab him a beer and everything is good! It has been so great that we just about agree on everything and if not we are great at compromising!

My fiance doesn't have a must have item for the wedding. He's been telling me that the number one thing that will make him happy is if the wedding is everything and more for me, he just wants me to be happy and that is so sweet! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance is very involved in the wedding planning.  His number one must-have item is a beautiful, historical church for the ceremony.  He especially liked the idea of something near the beach.  Luckily, I think we've found one that meets all of those requirements!
  • Options
    He is overly involved!!!!  He adds his opinions to everything, which would seem great, but it's not.  I love him, but if he shows me one more wedding dress that he thinks I should wear, I'm going to make him wear a dress. 

A photo booth is the number one must have for our wedding.  Every since attending a previous wedding that had one, this is all the FI can talk about.  They are fun, a great memento for all the guests, and the wedding book of all the pictures and well wishes from the guests is a great added bonus.  ** Side Note** If he were attainable, Mike Lange would be at our wedding announcing the wedding party entrance, that would be FI ultimate wish list :O)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? He is extremely involved. From helping with the invite design to the table decor, to purchasing items and even driving out of his way to return things if I cant. It has been very fun and easy so far knowing that we're both on the same page with everything. What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Other than me? Haha.... I would have to say a good photographer. He loves who we've picked and has.mentioned on several occasions that he cant wait to see how the pictures come out for the wedding. Personally, I have to agree only because they've been so different and fun to work with it's exciting to think what ideas they'll come up with for memorable photos we can enjoy for years.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My fiance is not really involved. I am doing a lot on my own while the rest of my family lives 3.5 hours away. The only time he really has an opinion is when it comes to how much things are. Sometimes I feel over whelmed but I think that he's worried he will get in the way. 

His number one must have is food (This is the one thing he had an opinion on)

• Options
    My Fiance has been doing all the communication for inital meetings with vendors.  It's been a huge help so far.

Me, his bride!
  • Options
    Minimal- I do all the planning, research, and he gets some veto power (when asked). He is picky on  few things, so I seek out his say-so on those, and the rest is up to me! He is supportive though and open on what he likes, but he is not detail-orientated.

The color and style of his tuxedo. Much to my dismay he wanted to wear a grey tux to the wedding, which I didn't think would be formal enough or look good on our 6 groomsmen. However, we found one (ironically at mens wearhouse) by Vera Wang that is gorgeous and add blacks detailing so we can still have our groomsmen in black. Second to that was a good open bar :)
  • Options
    We are planning every aspect of our wedding together, from the wedding colors to the possible bridesmaid dress styles and decor for the wedding. Although he is very involved, he has not demanded anything for himself, except he keeps saying that it is a must for him to have a suit like what Brad Pitt and George Clooney wore on Oceans 11. He has been very specific about that. Nothing else..
  • Options
    How involved in your fiance in the wedding planning? I would say average.  He has assisted in all of the large decisions (ie: venue, food, music, flowers). The smaller details I pass by him and he adds input.

What is his number one must have item for the wedding? Open bar
  • Options
    Can you please help? I am trying to marry my fiance but she feels too guilty because she has $30,000 debt. She promises she will pay her college loans by herself and then we will get married. I have already paid a big chunk of it and want to pay the rest but then cannot afford to get married. I don't want a big wedding just something small with family, thatnk god we think the same. 

I have a gofundme page where you can donate money if you can. Anything is appreciated and I will give small gifts in return. I know you don't have to but if you can you will make this man very very happy!! :) 

Thank you so much for your time and God Bless! Smile
  • Options
    How involved is your Fiance in the wedding planning?

Well lets just say that he is one of those if something makes me happy then he is all for it. He Helped choose the Venue and he picked our DJ. Besides that I must say I am a bit of a control freak so I only ask his advice on things we need to agree on lol

What is his number one request?

He actually had 2 request.....1. The bridal party has to have the same number of people for symmetry and he HAS to have a mashed potato bar during cocktail hour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards