Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

David's Bridal West Palm Beach

Please don't shop here. I went in to buy a simple cocktail dress for a friend's wedding and received terrible, rude service while in the store. The salespeople have no idea what they are doing. The gentleman who checked me out insisted that I had to pay for my dress before he could tell me whether they could have it ready by the date I needed it! I had to escalate to the store manager just to get a straight answer. Plus, I adamantly requested that my email address which I thought would be used for shipping updates they aren't that tech saavy though NOT be used in mailing lists. I have been inundated with spam from every wedding service provider under the sun. I called the same store manager, who said I had to call the corporate office to get any assistance. The corporate office did return my call and said that my email had been registered 3 times on their lists by the store associate! Even though they insisted the problem had been corrected, I am still receiving a ton of unwanted email, some of it addressed to someone else! I'm just waiting for all the junk mail to start appearing at my home now too. Please avoid this store. The only way to force large companies to listen is to protest with your feet and your wallet. Shop elsewhere and save yourself the headache!

Re: David's Bridal West Palm Beach

• Options
    Sorry you had a tought time with them.  I think most of their stores have a problem some way or another which leads me to believe this is a corporate problem.  They have some serious work to do on new training programs for their employees.

I was in David's Bridal the other week, in fact I traveled TWO HOURS to one to purchase attachable straps for my DB dress.  When I get there the woman couldn't even be bothered to get out of her chair and told me I couldn't get the straps without an alterations appointment.  I already had somebody else who is doing the alterations.  She told me I could purcahse some fabric across the way at Craft Warehouse and make straps!  A wedding dress is not a f****** craft project!  It didn't make sense why a retail establishment would not want to make a sale, even a $40 sale adds to the bottom line.

I sent a message to DB on facebook to let them know what happened. A couple days later I received a call from the manager at the store I shopped at.  She could not believe what happened and told me they ARE allowed to sell the straps!  She sent the straps to me with free shipping.

Sending David's Bridal a message via Facebook is rather effective.
  • Options
    message them on facebook...I got a call within 24 hours from corporate.

Message them, don't post something publicly on their wall..you will get better service that way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_davids-bridal-west-palm-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:3e9db17c-5dee-412a-abff-52488194aab2Post:049f84fb-cdb2-497e-8be9-10f14e9ec739">David's Bridal West Palm Beach</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please don't shop here. I went in to buy a simple cocktail dress for a friend's wedding and received terrible, rude service while in the store. The salespeople have no idea what they are doing. The gentleman who checked me out insisted that I had to pay for my dress before he could tell me whether they could have it ready by the date I needed it! I had to escalate to the store manager just to get a straight answer. <strong>Plus, I adamantly requested that my email address which I thought would be used for shipping updates they aren't that tech saavy though NOT be used in mailing lists. I have been inundated with spam from every wedding service provider under the sun</strong>. I called the same store manager, who said I had to call the corporate office to get any assistance. The corporate office did return my call and said that my email had been registered 3 times on their lists by the store associate! Even though they insisted the problem had been corrected, I am still receiving a ton of unwanted email, some of it addressed to someone else! I'm just waiting for all the junk mail to start appearing at my home now too. Please avoid this store. The only way to force large companies to listen is to protest with your feet and your wallet. Shop elsewhere and save yourself the headache!
    Posted by 898456125001305[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That mightnot just be from DB- I've been getting emails and actual mail like that constantly since joining The Knot. I shopped at David's for a bridesmaids dress last year and the spammy emails didn't start until I joined TK (on that note, am I just stupid and didn't click some "don't email me" button?)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards